PDA

View Full Version : Sidral Mundet is now a product of The Coca-Cola Company...

Ram0n C0keah0lic
03-12-2012, 12:51 AM
Sidral Mundet, that was property of Coca-Cola's bottler Coca-Cola FEMSA and in U.S. is currently distributed by Novamex, is now part of The Coca-Cola Company...

http://marketing.dyred.com.mx/bepensa/images/mundet.jpg

The company unveiled a new logo for the product and in the future it will be bottled and distributed by all the Coca-Cola bottling system in Mexico (right now is bottled by independent local soda companies at some markets)...

I wonder if now Coca-Cola will distribute Mundet in U.S. too...

SodaFan16
03-12-2012, 07:18 PM
I love Manzanita Sol, I would love to see that here in the U.S.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
03-13-2012, 12:14 AM
Actually is available in some markets in the U.S... in fact when I went to L.A. early this year I saw Manzanita Sol in some stores...

SodaFan16
03-13-2012, 09:42 PM
Yeah, we have it here in Chicago. I meant to say I want to see Sidral Mundet here in the states haha.

mello yello
03-20-2012, 01:19 PM
sidral mundet has been available at some Walmarts (and other stores) in the US for a while. hopefully it will be even more available soon!

ATownAndrew
03-22-2012, 06:49 AM
The Sidral Mundet sold here in California is bottled by Jarritos in glass and plastic bottles and sold alongside Jarritos. So did Coke buy out Jarritos outright or just Sidral Mundet from them?

Ram0n C0keah0lic
04-02-2012, 12:09 AM
Nope, just Sidral Mundet... unlike U.S. where Jarritos, Mundet and Sangria Seņorial are all from Novamex; here in Mexico Jarritos, Seņorial and Sidral Mundet are from different soda companies, Mundet was bottled by Coca-Cola FEMSA and independent bottlers (now all the Coca-Cola bottlers will make it), Seņorial is from a mexican soda company called Mezgo and Jarritos is bottled in some states by Pepsi and in other states by a mexican soda company called Aga...

BTW, here's a picture I found on twitter to prove that Sidral Mundet is now part of Coca-Cola Mexico (the author of the pic didn't took so well the news that Mundet is now from Coca-Cola)

Alfredo Hurtado
07-30-2013, 06:18 PM
I know I'm late to theparty, but here it goes:

Sidral Mundet Mexico is owned by The Coca-Cola Company.

Sidral Mundet USA is a joint venture of Coca-Cola FEMSA and Novamex. The Coca-Cola Company has no interest in the US distribution of the product.

They use the same bottles and same formula but have been separate entities for a while.

I hope this helps.

bigrich
08-03-2013, 06:30 PM
Manzanita Sol is sold in Indianapolis in 12 Pack Cans and 12 oz NDNR glass bottles by Pepsi.

fusion
08-08-2013, 02:46 PM
Manzanita Sol also here in Delaware, 12 packs and 2 liters. Coke has Fanta Apple in some high-indexing Hispanic markets.

ATownAndrew
08-10-2013, 02:15 AM
I wonder if Coke will keep the Manzana Lift brand in Mexico or if they will phase it out in favor of Sidral Mundet.

Manzanita Sol also here in Delaware, 12 packs and 2 liters. Coke has Fanta Apple in some high-indexing Hispanic markets.
I'm surprised Coke doesn't have Fanta Apple in highly Hispanic Southern California. Pepsi has Manzanita Sol here and Jarritos distributes Sidral Mundet here.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
08-12-2013, 01:31 AM
I wonder if Coke will keep the Manzana Lift brand in Mexico or if they will phase it out in favor of Sidral Mundet.

I had that same question but that won't happen, I asked the Coca-Cola consumer information center and they told me they won't discontinue Lift because Lift and Mundet tho both are apple sodas, both have different taste.

In fact here in my homecity Coca-Cola started distributing Sidral Mundet since the end of last year and Lift is still on sale.

ATownAndrew
08-12-2013, 01:59 PM
I had that same question but that won't happen, I asked the Coca-Cola consumer information center and they told me they won't discontinue Lift because Lift and Mundet tho both are apple sodas, both have different taste.

In fact here in my homecity Coca-Cola started distributing Sidral Mundet since the end of last year and Lift is still on sale.

Interesting. They probably both sell well, so why not keep them both for shelf space. I wonder if they will put Sidral Mundet in fountains or just Manzana Lift as the fountain apple soda, though they probably aren't too many places that have fountain sodas there besides fast food chains.