PDA

View Full Version : Pepsi Next

PepsiBlue
03-12-2012, 10:27 PM
http://bdnpull.bangorpublishing.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Pepsi-Next-Cola-Wars_Farw-600x505.jpg

Outside the philly plant it says March 19th. I won't be trying this as I don't drink soda anymore (just water, plus eatin better and exercise, I have lost 50 pounds!)

popologist
03-13-2012, 10:33 AM
I don't really drink much Pepsi (or Diet Pepsi), but I like the design of that can. It's actually better looking than the regular Pepsi can (in my opinion).

I'm still surprised they've returned to the half-calorie cola though. I wonder if Coke will forced to respond in kind...

Mr Zabe
03-13-2012, 11:04 AM
Pepsi Next ingrediant list,please.
Pepsi Next compare/contrast to C2?

SodaFan16
03-13-2012, 09:43 PM
Will try it out when it comes out.

drpep
03-17-2012, 08:56 PM
Pepsi Next 12 pack cans were seen in Dansville, NY 3-16-12. Also, spotted in the Syracuse, NY St. Patricks Day parade was a flatbed tractor trailer float featuring a large display of Pepsi Next.

drpep
03-17-2012, 09:05 PM
Pepsi Next parade float | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/drpep1024/6845271350/in/photostream/)

Pepsi Next parade float | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/drpep1024/6991401243/in/photostream/)

Android
03-17-2012, 11:56 PM
I'll be interested to try it, having liked Pepsi Edge in the past. Instead of sugar/splenda, looks like this time it'll be 4 sweeteners, Sugar, Ace-K, Aspartame and sucralose - I don't think I've ever tried anything with that combo before.

popologist
03-18-2012, 06:11 AM
It'll be interesting to see if Pepsi can create a market for this. Last time, neither Coke nor Pepsi could find a sizable market for a half-calorie soda... and that was before the better-tasting "zero" and "max" sodas came out. I used to be one of the few people who drank C2 back in the day... but that was before Coke Zero. Now, I have no interest in a C2-like product, because Coke Zero tastes virtually like regular Coke to me... so there's just no point.

joshal1980
03-18-2012, 12:55 PM
I got a 20oz bottle this morning. It's not too bad for a mid-range soda, but I would prefer any of the Ten sodas over Pepsi Next.

Android
03-20-2012, 01:51 AM
I also wonder how well it will compare to the inexpensive low-calorie "COLA" that Cott makes for Walmart. It's not even listed as a low calorie cola, but the shelf price tag said it was, and that caught my eye, so I looked at the 12pack, and found the Cott name and the only indication of low-calorie came from the nutrition facts box. (35 calories per can) Knowing that Cott handles RC outside the US, and liking RC, and with it costing 1.99/12, I bought one, and found it was pretty good. And I wonder how many others have as well, because the last couple of months, it seems whatever Walmart I'm in, they are almost always out of 12packs of it, only 2L in stock.

mjb1124
03-21-2012, 11:54 PM
I'll be interested to try it, having liked Pepsi Edge in the past. Instead of sugar/splenda, looks like this time it'll be 4 sweeteners, Sugar, Ace-K, Aspartame and sucralose - I don't think I've ever tried anything with that combo before.

C2 had that combination, and RC Ten also has it.

Anyway, I'm interested in trying this. I do sometimes mix Pepsi and Diet Pepsi in fountains (which tastes similar to how I remember Edge tasting). Maybe this will taste better, and in any case it should be good for when I want something with fewer calories than regular, but more flavorful and less "diety" than diet. Still not sure how much of a mass market there is for that, though.

BluejacketT
03-22-2012, 03:33 PM
Pepsi Next tastes pretty good.

fusion
03-22-2012, 07:13 PM
It's plentiful here in northern DE. 12 packs; 2 Liters; 20oz and 12oz singles.

Android
03-28-2012, 07:29 PM
Wow, I'm kind of surprised as to how strongly Pepsi is pushing this one at launch, at least as far as I've seen.

I tried it the other day... I was kind of underwhelmed. The remembered Pepsi Edge seemed superior to Next.

-Andy

Tannerman
03-29-2012, 03:56 PM
Some of you might remember when BevReview ran a story about Pepsi Next a few years ago... and then it "disappeared"

I'm finally able to share that story in my review of Pepsi Next (http://www.bevreview.com/2012/03/29/pepsi-next/).

Next has been nothing but a headache for me !

sublimecitrus
03-30-2012, 06:16 PM
Anyone see it in Canada yet? Or know if it's even being released in Canada?

CitrusCola
04-01-2012, 09:45 AM
Found some in our local Food Lion yesterday. Pepsi does seem to be giving it a strong push; it had an endcap with signs. I bought some to give it a try.

I must say, it's certainly better than Diet Pepsi or Pepsi Max. It tastes very much like Diet Double Cola -- only a little bit less acidic.

Dewman1979
04-01-2012, 06:36 PM
Some of you might remember when BevReview ran a story about Pepsi Next a few years ago... and then it "disappeared"

I'm finally able to share that story in my review of Pepsi Next (http://www.bevreview.com/2012/03/29/pepsi-next/).

Next has been nothing but a headache for me !

lol...yikes.

As for this product....I like it more than Max. I hate Diet, I don't much care for One, and I like Max. But...I want a cherry flavor...like CZC....which is outstanding.

cpnAhab
04-03-2012, 01:24 AM
lol...yikes.

As for this product....I like it more than Max. I hate Diet, I don't much care for One, and I like Max. But...I want a cherry flavor...like CZC....which is outstanding.

I've heard that flavors are in the works for this summer.

Dewman1979
04-03-2012, 05:48 AM
I've heard that flavors are in the works for this summer.
Good. My second tasting of Next has me wanting more. I am impressed...and hoping for a Mountain Dew Next.

Tannerman
04-03-2012, 01:34 PM
We uncovered a trademark filing for "Pepsi Next Paradise Mango (http://www.bevreview.com/2012/03/29/pepsi-next/)" ... as well as "Mtn Dew Next" and "Sierra Mist Next", but that might be hopeful thinking :)

Dewman1979
04-04-2012, 06:09 AM
We uncovered a trademark filing for "Pepsi Next Paradise Mango (http://www.bevreview.com/2012/03/29/pepsi-next/)" ... as well as "Mtn Dew Next" and "Sierra Mist Next", but that might be hopeful thinking :)

The timing of the Mtn Dew and Sierra Mist filings suggest they are just placeholder in case Pepsi Next takes off. The timing of the mango filing would lend one to believe that they are planning a flavor extension. A mango flavored Next? Sounds good to me.

SodaFan16
04-04-2012, 02:00 PM
Mango flavored would be amazing.

The King
04-05-2012, 04:41 AM
I'm in the group that finds this product to be unnecessary with Pepsi Max out there.

I tried it, and it's not even close to regular Pepsi. Sure, it's more drinkable than Diet Pepsi, but it's not even as good as Max.

I'm really surprised that Pepsi even came out with this, considering how fast they dropped Pepsi Edge back in '05.

CitrusCola
04-05-2012, 06:18 AM
I'm in the group that finds this product to be unnecessary with Pepsi Max out there.

I tried it, and it's not even close to regular Pepsi. Sure, it's more drinkable than Diet Pepsi, but it's not even as good as Max.

I'm really surprised that Pepsi even came out with this, considering how fast they dropped Pepsi Edge back in '05.

The big difference between Pepsi Next and Pepsi Max is the ginseng that's in Pepsi Max. I must be sensitive to ginseng because I've never liked any drink that contained it.

My wife tried the Pepsi Next and gave it the thumbs up. My daughter, however, said that it was "too weak."

halloaaryn
04-12-2012, 01:28 PM
I HATE DIET. ALL DIET. The artificial sweetener is NASTY.

but Pepsi Next somehow fixed the issue. Seriously, LOVE this stuff. WHY? Because IT REALLY TASTES LIKE REGULAR PEPSI. There is a TINY aftertaste (NOTHING like Max or Diet).. but I really dont even notice it now.

I REALLY REALLY hope Cherry NEXT comes out.

Mr Zabe
04-12-2012, 03:20 PM
I found Pepsi Next to have too sweet of an end note taste.
I do not drink diet soda pops so I will stick with Pepsi.

Dewman1979
04-13-2012, 06:11 AM
I HATE DIET. ALL DIET. The artificial sweetener is NASTY.

but Pepsi Next somehow fixed the issue. Seriously, LOVE this stuff. WHY? Because IT REALLY TASTES LIKE REGULAR PEPSI. There is a TINY aftertaste (NOTHING like Max or Diet).. but I really dont even notice it now.

I REALLY REALLY hope Cherry NEXT comes out.

That would be good too. I just hope it takes off.

orange_slice231
04-16-2012, 04:59 PM
I don't plan on getting it. :P

CitrusCola
04-20-2012, 09:28 PM
Earlier this week, I came across some Pepsi One at a Harris Teeter Grocery Store in Concord, NC. I bought it to compare the taste to Pepsi Next. Pepsi One is not as sweet as Next, and it does have a bit of an aftertaste. Both Next and One are far better than Diet Pepsi, in my opinion.

SodaFan16
04-21-2012, 03:01 AM
Just tried Pepsi Next, and I enjoy it. Not bad for a low calorie soda.

Dewman1979
04-22-2012, 04:55 PM
Earlier this week, I came across some Pepsi One at a Harris Teeter Grocery Store in Concord, NC. I bought it to compare the taste to Pepsi Next. Pepsi One is not as sweet as Next, and it does have a bit of an aftertaste. Both Next and One are far better than Diet Pepsi, in my opinion.

That's not saying much. Diet Pepsi is horrid.

halloaaryn
05-02-2012, 09:39 AM
After drinking Pepsi Next for a few weeks, I tried a few of the diet flavors and to my amazement, I could actually stand them.

Im a 6 pack a day (at least) kind of guy. This is kinda huge for me!

Also, I LOVE being able to taste Pepsi Vanilla again (even if its diet!).

I still cant believe it, but im now a diet drinker.

sublimecitrus
05-05-2012, 01:35 PM
With the amount of requests for this product on Pepsi Canada's facebook page, I wouldn't doubt that they release Pepsi Next in Canada this summer. I know a few people who liked the first run of Pepsi Max (before it switched formulae/formulas), but don't drink it anymore because of the higher caffeine content. Lower calorie, higher taste beverages are in demand here in Canada... Exactly what Pepsi Next is filling in the market for.

GenesisWildCherry
05-06-2012, 03:44 PM
With the amount of requests for this product on Pepsi Canada's facebook page, I wouldn't doubt that they release Pepsi Next in Canada this summer. I know a few people who liked the first run of Pepsi Max (before it switched formulae/formulas), but don't drink it anymore because of the higher caffeine content. Lower calorie, higher taste beverages are in demand here in Canada... Exactly what Pepsi Next is filling in the market for.

I hope they do. That stuff was amazing.

lordmadone
05-07-2012, 02:18 PM
I was somewhat unimpressed with the actual taste of the product but I think the design is appealing. Wish I knew how it was selling..

thejax
05-24-2012, 10:10 AM

When are they gonna stop screwing with our drinks and just make regular pepsi with real sugar, not make it too expensive for the consumer and the wholesaler, and leave the decisions on what the consumer should drink to the consumer?

I love soda just as much as the other guy but I am kinda getting pissed off they keep messing with ingredients. Leave it be. This isn't a mad scientists lab and we aren't their test subjects.

Dewman1979
05-25-2012, 04:34 AM
http://www.gillettepepsicola.com/images/upload/299.png?nocache=20120514100803

Awesome!

http://www.gillettepepsicola.com/products/new_products.php

ATownAndrew
05-27-2012, 02:08 PM
Are those Pepsi Next flavor extensions LTO? I'm curious to see what the Paradise Mango one will taste like. Hopefully its better than Pepsi Summer Mix.

SodaFan16
05-28-2012, 02:22 PM
I definitely need to try the Cherry Vanila and Mango flavors..

cpnAhab
06-13-2012, 10:20 PM
Are those Pepsi Next flavor extensions LTO? I'm curious to see what the Paradise Mango one will taste like. Hopefully its better than Pepsi Summer Mix.

I've heard they are permanent extensions from the guys I work with.

Dewman1979
06-14-2012, 05:59 AM
I've heard they are permanent extensions from the guys I work with.

A couple of weeks away. Looking forward to both.

Dewman1979
06-30-2012, 07:07 AM
Hopefully the new flavors come out this week. Still no OFFICIAL word though...(Nothing says these flavors even exist outside out what I already posted...and that trademark filing)

fusion
07-13-2012, 05:39 PM
Found them today in Delaware at Walmart, from the Piscataway NJ plant. 2L, 12pk, 20oz. The 20oz were still warm, so I assumed they just came out today. Production was done at the end of last month.

http://pic.twitter.com/j98LLH20

Mango isn't my thing, but I did pick up a 2L of Cherry Vanilla. Unfortunately, no ice here, and no room in the fridge for the bottle.

Dewman1979
07-16-2012, 12:09 AM
Found them today in Delaware at Walmart, from the Piscataway NJ plant. 2L, 12pk, 20oz. The 20oz were still warm, so I assumed they just came out today. Production was done at the end of last month.

http://pic.twitter.com/j98LLH20

Mango isn't my thing, but I did pick up a 2L of Cherry Vanilla. Unfortunately, no ice here, and no room in the fridge for the bottle.
Not here yet.

mjb1124
07-17-2012, 02:39 PM
Found them today in Delaware at Walmart, from the Piscataway NJ plant.

I'm right by Piscataway, so why I am I having such a hard time finding these?

Mango isn't my thing, but I did pick up a 2L of Cherry Vanilla.

Mango cola doesn't sound too appealing to me either, but I've been pleasantly surprised before. Definitely looking forward to trying the Cherry Vanilla, though I'm a bit baffled about Pepsi continuing to try such a flavor when the previous attempts didn't sell. Surprised they didn't go with just plain cherry - and what happened to the plans to make a cherry Pepsi Max anyway?

steveu
07-21-2012, 08:23 PM
Trying Mango right now. It's very odd, but guess I like it. Bought Cher Van too and will try later.

mjb1124
07-23-2012, 05:32 PM
Well, what do you know, Paradise Mango DID pleasantly surprise me. The mango flavor is bold and distinct without overwhelming the cola taste which it actually complements very well. The Cherry Vanilla was very good too - the best attempt at such a cola that I've tasted so far. I'm very impressed with these - both were smooth and flavorful.

Dewman1979
07-24-2012, 06:14 AM
Love both, good job pepsi.

lordmadone
08-02-2012, 05:09 PM
Tried the cherry vanilla one and it was good..will try the mango one next when I can find it in a 20oz. Dont want to risk a 2lt on that.

drpep
08-02-2012, 05:17 PM
Aren't 2 liters the same price or cheaper than a 20oz?

Dewman1979
08-04-2012, 06:42 PM

Yes it is.

BluejacketT
08-05-2012, 02:59 PM
I have bought the Cherry Vanilla Pepsi Next on sale for a dollar (2lt). It tasted pretty good. I don0't think I'll get the Mango one.

lordmadone
08-06-2012, 06:37 PM

Depends on where you go because 2 liters can be $1.99 or over while 20oz are flat priced at $1.69 and if I don't like it then I wont have to waste it.

sublimecitrus
08-10-2012, 10:26 PM
I just got back from a trip down to North Dakota and I couldn't find the Cherry Vanilla and Mango anywhere.

I did pick up a 12 pack and a bottle, though. Tastes a lot better than Diet.