PDA

View Full Version : Lipton Pure Leaf Tea

Tannerman
03-19-2012, 02:52 PM
Noticed that Lipton Pure Leaf Tea got a redesign, sans the Lipton name. Anyone know the story on this?

http://a.yfrog.com/img611/4567/gkxbg.jpg

lordmadone
03-19-2012, 06:43 PM
Noticed that Lipton Pure Leaf Tea got a redesign, sans the Lipton name. Anyone know the story on this?

http://a.yfrog.com/img611/4567/gkxbg.jpg

I do not believe it will be without the Lipton on the label but that is what the design overall will be. 18.5 oz PET bottles with the same hot fill method currently from what I heard in the glass bottles. Apparently while the glass bottles did have success..they were not growing in the category..they have platued(sp?). Expect a bit better price point with more OZ than any current competitor.

ATownAndrew
03-22-2012, 06:59 AM
Brisk dropped the Lipton name, now this. I wonder if Pepsi is doing away from the Lipton brand or if they're are dropping the Lipton name because it is considered low-end tea compared to other brands like Tazo, Honest, Republic of Tea, etc.

fusion
03-29-2012, 09:11 PM
Actually, the Lipton name is pretty strong. I think Pepsi would be wise to keep it on the label somewhere, even if it is smaller in comparison to the Pure Leaf name.

Any idea when the changeover is set to occur? I've been seeing the new bottle in the planograms for the major convenience store chain resets around here, but the bottlers still are selling glass. I admit, I will miss that "snap" you get when you pop the top of a glass bottle (I'm a fan of the southern style, something I felt that Coke should have gotten into a long time ago).

fusion
04-11-2012, 09:22 PM
Pure Leaf is in the refrigerated section of the grocery store now, in bottles like the picture above (just bigger). The Lipton logo is barely noticeable on the back of the bottle, and completely absent from the front.

lordmadone
04-11-2012, 11:56 PM
Pure Leaf is in the refrigerated section of the grocery store now, in bottles like the picture above (just bigger). The Lipton logo is barely noticeable on the back of the bottle, and completely absent from the front.

Interesting..going to have to check that out.. those were supposed to come out last year..I think I saw them in Bev Digest. Also in our area the new lipton bottles have started to come in. I am also very partial to the southern style myself.

Mr Zabe
04-12-2012, 03:26 PM
Has the price point changed from the glass to the PET bottles?
There is nothing like the feel of an ice cold glass bottle.