PDA

View Full Version : Dunkin' Donuts switches to Coca-Cola

drpep
05-05-2012, 09:25 PM
I read somewhere, sorry can't remember, that Dunkin' Donuts has switched from serving Pepsi products to Coca-Cola products and that the switch will be complete in August.

Susan
05-06-2012, 12:09 PM
I read somewhere, sorry can't remember, that Dunkin' Donuts has switched from serving Pepsi products to Coca-Cola products and that the switch will be complete in August.

What a horrible decision. I purposely avoid restaurants that serve the boring line of Coke products.

lordmadone
05-07-2012, 02:16 PM

I believe this happened a month or two ago..but I'm curious as to how much a donut/icecream shop sells beverages. I mean DD is really starting to ramp up their breakfast selection..but people want coffee when they go in there..not soda...or do they?

drpep
05-07-2012, 09:50 PM
I used to stop at Dunkin' Donuts for a fountain Pepsi, nearby places served Coke, until they switched to 20oz plastic.

drpep
05-07-2012, 09:56 PM
Coke coming to Dunkin Donuts, Baskin Robbins *| ajc.com (http://www.ajc.com/business/coke-coming-to-dunkin-1404637.html)

fusion
05-15-2012, 07:55 PM
It's not just soda, there will be juice, water, vitaminwater, etc. I don't know the specifics as I have not seen any planograms and I haven't seen any Coke coolers in any DDs or BRs.

ATownAndrew
05-27-2012, 03:08 PM
What a horrible decision. I purposely avoid restaurants that serve the boring line of Coke products.

I don't think too many people go to Dunkin Donuts to buy a soda, whether its Coke or Pepsi. Most people are going to order a coffee drink of some type at Dunkin, and if not something coffee based than a smoothie or iced tea then. Dunkin has a great line of drinks that's anything but boring from flavored coffees, to espresso drinks, to Coolattas (both coffee and fruit based), to iced teas. My only complaint about Dunkin is what is taking them so damn long to come to California! They tease us with their ads and their tagline "America runs on Dunkin" which is not true yet.

Another thing is soda doesn't go too well with donuts or baked goods. Starbucks doesn't sell Coke nor Pepsi (just a few Izze flavors) and they seem to be doing just fine.

drpep
05-28-2012, 09:40 PM
My only complaint about Dunkin is what is taking them so damn long to come to California!

Wahhhh!!! You're not missing anything. I'll trade you 5 Dunkin' Donuts for an In-n-Out, A Fatburger and a Winchells.

lordmadone
05-31-2012, 06:53 PM
Wahhhh!!! You're not missing anything. I'll trade you 5 Dunkin' Donuts for an In-n-Out, A Fatburger and a Winchells.'

I second the notion!!!!!

fusion
06-06-2012, 06:32 PM
They had to survey every location to see what the existing equipment was, and then buy machines to deliver to all of those accounts (keeping the same size equipment for space reasons). And then they had to schedule all of those deliveries.

I've been watching the schedules, and it looks like deliveries are going to ramp up starting next week and go full steam until the end of the month. At least for this area.

The interesting things are that stores will order from the DD warehouse, not Coke warehouses. We will deliver large amounts of product directly to their warehouses from ours. And they will carry Nestle water, not Dasani.