PDA

View Full Version : Caffeine Free Coke made w/sugar in Chester County PA

hitokage
02-07-2013, 07:41 AM
I might be making a trip to Paoli (Chester County) in Pennsylvania this Sunday, and would like to know if it's still possible to buy Caffeine Free Coca-Cola made with sugar/sucrose in the area or if I have to go further north to the Allentown/Bethlehem area.

I would prefer 2-liter bottles, but cans would be okay as well. If anyone knows of specific stores known to have a lot of it in stock, that would be a big help, as I won't be able to spend a whole lot of time chasing it down.

Thanks in advance to those who can help!

hitokage
02-11-2013, 08:46 AM
The trip didn't happen, but there is a chance that it will in the future. So if anyone can provide any information it would be helpful.

fusion
04-17-2013, 12:40 AM
It is really hit or miss. ABARTA produces HFCS colas for the Chester County operations, but sometimes they do send sucrose stuff down. The easiest way to tell is if you see a CRP on the packaging code, that's HFCS stuff. I usually have better luck with 24 packs, and sometimes 12 packs. 2 liters not so much. I usually travel to Oxford PA to search. Sometimes I'll get lucky, sometimes I strike out. I need to make another run, I just drank the last of my sucrose Coke 24 packs. I got lucky the last time, there was this really beat up one that nobody else would touch, but I nabbed it because it was sucrose. Their loss.

If you have the time, I'd just go to Allentown.

fusion
05-26-2013, 09:04 PM
I was in Oxford PA two weeks ago @ Walmart, and all the 12 packs of CF Coke were sucrose. But all the Coke was from Baltimore (HFCS), which is really weird. I can immediately tell if it's non-Abarta because they still use the old rounded corner 24 packs (and they use them for 20 packs as well).

I just wish they would run Dr Pepper on the sucrose line. That would be awesome.