PDA

View Full Version : Sprite Cranberry

drpep
10-14-2013, 04:43 PM
Saw this today in Wegmans. Regular and diet 12 pack cans and 2 liter. It was in the regular soda set but I would assume it's a seasonal item.

fusion
10-17-2013, 04:06 PM
Yep, just a seasonal item. Out of market date is 12/31.

lordmadone
10-19-2013, 10:34 PM
Yep, just a seasonal item. Out of market date is 12/31.

Just saw it yesterday at my local grocery store..only in 12 packs tho. I want to try 20oz! Is it as good or better than Mist Cranberry?

ATownAndrew
10-21-2013, 03:21 AM
I'll have to look out for this one. This has got to be the first Sprite extension since The Sprite Remixes. And for once Coke is copying Pepsi, not the other way around.

fusion
10-21-2013, 07:26 PM
Just saw it yesterday at my local grocery store..only in 12 packs tho. I want to try 20oz! Is it as good or better than Mist Cranberry?

20oz is c-store only. The taste is much milder than SMC.

XLS_04
10-23-2013, 02:38 AM
Tried is but really could only taste the cranberry flavor, did not really notice a balance of lime-lime and cranberry. As Fusion said it is milder than Sierra Mist Cranberry. While I do like the taste of Srite cranberry, I think Sierra Mist Cranberry tastes better. Although in my opinion Pepsi has always done a better job with their flavored extended beverages for the most part.

ATownAndrew
11-03-2013, 11:59 AM
I'll have to try this soon. I might like the cranberry flavor better without the lemon- lime flavor over powering it, so hopefully it's like that. I also saw Canada Dry Cranberry Ginger Ale the other day at Albertsons or Vons but only in 2L.

XLS_04
11-04-2013, 01:41 AM
I'll have to try this soon. I might like the cranberry flavor better without the lemon- lime flavor over powering it, so hopefully it's like that. I also saw Canada Dry Cranberry Ginger Ale the other day at Albertsons or Vons but only in 2L.

Yes it tastes more like just cranberry soda, I dont really taste the lemon and lime in it at all.

Another comment that I would like to make is this drink is really not being advertised at all. Not sure why but unless I knew of the information online, I would have never knew there was a Sprite Cranberry. They should put up store displays or have commercials promoting the product.

drpep
11-04-2013, 09:32 PM
I don't know of any commercials but I first learned of the product by walking by a display of 2 liter bottles.

fusion
11-06-2013, 09:23 PM
It's been really low-key. It's like they are just testing the waters or something. Although the Zero has been incredibly popular. We ran out of our initial shipment almost immediately (along with most of the other distribution centers), and they have not produced any more yet.

fusion
11-13-2013, 07:19 PM
...and there isn't going to be any more production. They seriously underestimated the popularity of this. I may have to scrounge around for a 12 pack or two so I can savor it for a little while longer.

ATownAndrew
11-18-2013, 04:38 PM
I always wonder why they don't promote these LTO flavors anymore. A lot of people don't even know they exist, expect for Sierra Mist Cranberry Splash because that's been coming back for several years now. I really liked the Pomegranate 7up they did one year. I will have to go buy a 12 pack of Sprite Cranberry soon before it runs out.

drpep
12-26-2013, 02:34 PM
7-Eleven has Sprite Cranberry Slurpees.

fusion
12-26-2013, 04:36 PM
Turns out I was misinformed, we received a second shipment of cans not long after I wrote that message. And we got more Sprite Zero Cranberry 2Ls in. I stocked up on cans when Shoprite had them 4/$11.