PDA

View Full Version : (Rumour) Cherry Coke in Canada.

GenesisWildCherry
11-25-2013, 07:26 PM
A Facebook friend of mine posted this in my messages, and claims it's available at Costco. Can anyone verify this and confirm/deny it?

Picture: As you can see, it says "Coca-Cola Cerise" on one of the cans.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
11-28-2013, 04:05 PM
By looking at the Nutrition Facts in french & english and the /MD under the Coca-Cola logo I can say that those cans are really from Canada.

GenesisWildCherry
11-29-2013, 11:39 AM
By looking at the Nutrition Facts in french & english and the /MD under the Coca-Cola logo I can say that those cans are really from Canada.

Excellent. Now to just find the darn things. :P

Update: I have a bigger and better picture, which clearly show that the cans are bilingual. However, I gave Coke a call and they deny that these even exist...504

newCOKEcanuck
11-30-2013, 07:27 PM
I was at my local Costco in the Edmonton area and they have none. I will be trying another location as i prefer Cherry Coke over Wild Cherry Pepsi. Plus i think the style of the can or graphics is second to the original Coca-Cola red. Another plus in Canada all sodas have at least half real sugar comparred to American 100% HFCS. Real sugar adds a sharper crisper tatse. Maybe Coke is just test marketing Cherry Coke in certain areas of Canada, which i hope Edmonton is included.

GenesisWildCherry
11-30-2013, 07:58 PM
I heard from a guy in the Cherry Coke Canada FB page I liked, that it's in NB and Ontario right now, I'll go check myself if it's here.

fusion
12-11-2013, 09:54 PM
I was at my local Costco in the Edmonton area and they have none.

I was going to ask if that was club packaging, it looks like it. We have 32 and 35 packs of Coke in the US, they are packaged the same. But Pepsi 36 packs are cubes. And Coke Northern New England does cube packaging as well, both club and non-club.

fusion
12-11-2013, 10:05 PM
It is real. But only available in Central and Eastern Canada, primarily Costco. Furthest west looks like Sudbury.

Ram0n C0keah0lic
12-18-2013, 12:24 PM
Cherry Coke was introduced some days ago for a limited time in another country: Japan.

http://assets.coca-colacompany.com/6d/da/5130081548f58cfeac92aee4c422/.jpg

GenesisWildCherry
12-25-2013, 12:00 AM
YES! I finally found liquid wonder at my local Costco this Monday. Bought 72 cans of the stuff.

Cokeologist
12-28-2013, 05:31 AM
Cherry Coke was introduced some days ago for a limited time in another country: Japan.

http://assets.coca-colacompany.com/6d/da/5130081548f58cfeac92aee4c422/.jpg

Can anyone post a larger pic of the Japan Cherry Coke label graphic?

Ram0n C0keah0lic
12-29-2013, 10:53 PM
Can anyone post a larger pic of the Japan Cherry Coke label graphic?

From twitter:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bcp17aqCQAA5kwJ.jpg

GenesisWildCherry
12-30-2013, 02:59 AM
Um, guys? Not to be rude, but this was intended to be a CANADIAN Cherry Coke thread... D:

Anyone else pick it up?

Mr Zabe
12-30-2013, 02:05 PM
Cool picture.

fusion
12-31-2013, 12:07 PM
I think you two are the only active Canadian users. We've had a few pop up from time to time, but not for a while.

How does it taste? You have Wild Cherry Pepsi, right? Can you compare the two?

I am a big Cherry Coke fan, and whenever I am in the area where I can sometimes find the sucrose version, I will dig through the shelf to see if I can find any. Haven't had any luck for a while, though.

GenesisWildCherry
01-22-2014, 10:17 AM
I csn confirm my opinion that Cherry Coke in Canada tastes much better than Wild Cherry Pepsi.

EDIT: Picked up 3 more packs yesterday. Still around in Quebec.

sublimecitrus
02-05-2014, 01:30 AM
I csn confirm my opinion that Cherry Coke in Canada tastes much better than Wild Cherry Pepsi.

EDIT: Picked up 3 more packs yesterday. Still around in Quebec.

Have yet to find it out west in the land of the reigning Grey Cup champions.

Hopefully a Costco run means that Coca Cola Canada looks at a spring/summer marketing blitz for the drink like Pepsi did for Wild Cherry a couple of summers ago.

ATownAndrew
03-03-2014, 01:18 PM
Cool Japanese Cherry Coke pic! Canadiens, where are your Cherry Coke pics?

Shootmaster_44
03-12-2014, 06:00 PM
Have yet to find it out west in the land of the reigning Grey Cup champions.

Hopefully a Costco run means that Coca Cola Canada looks at a spring/summer marketing blitz for the drink like Pepsi did for Wild Cherry a couple of summers ago.

I have found it, albeit not the Canadian version. Brit Foods on 8th Street in Saskatoon, imports the British version. It is very expensive $7 for a 1.75 litre bottle. But beggars can't be choosers. I've started visiting the ethnic grocery stores in Saskatoon for their oddball pop. Saudi Pepsi and Coke tastes slightly different and I like it. I don't have a Costco membership and haven't gone out there with my parents since before Christmas, so I'm not zure whether it appeared in Saskatoon. For now, I'll have to stick with paying the premium for the British version.

I'm sure if you are in Regina and not Saskatoon, you can probably find a British grocery that stocks the stuff. I just hope that CFIA doesn't seize it like they did with Brit Foods' Irn Bru.

fusion
09-01-2014, 09:15 PM
Will be coming back around in early November for Costco/Target/wholesale in central and east Canada.

GenesisWildCherry
09-02-2014, 07:27 PM
Will be coming back around in early November for Costco/Target/wholesale in central and east Canada.

Where did you read this? Proof? I want to believe this. It would do wonders for Target, honestly.

Anyway, I'm glad they say Eastern Canada. Usually it's Ontario and the West who get everything.

sublimecitrus
09-12-2014, 01:23 AM
Where did you read this? Proof? I want to believe this. It would do wonders for Target, honestly.

Anyway, I'm glad they say Eastern Canada. Usually it's Ontario and the West who get everything.

Saskatchewan doesn't get anything ha.