PDA

View Full Version : Pineapple Fanta is being sold here now.

Dewman1979
06-04-2014, 04:56 AM
I'm not talking about the Mexican version, but the hfcs version. I've yet to try it, since they ran out of 12 packs. I love pineapple flavored soda. I hope this gets crush to follow suit.

Dewman1979
06-04-2014, 05:08 AM
Apparently fanta has a peach flavor. If the freestyle machine is any indication... do want.

fusion
06-05-2014, 09:07 PM
Fanta Peach has been around for a while, I remember seeing it in southern Virginia from Coke Consolidated. I believe it is also sold in Memphis, and there are plans to expand it to other parts of the South. Peach is actually a pretty popular flavor.

We've always had Fanta Pineapple hfcs around here, but only 20oz and 2L. Would like to see some cans, myself.

Walmart will be doing something special with Fanta starting in about a week and a half.

Dewman1979
06-06-2014, 05:53 AM
Fanta Peach has been around for a while, I remember seeing it in southern Virginia from Coke Consolidated. I believe it is also sold in Memphis, and there are plans to expand it to other parts of the South. Peach is actually a pretty popular flavor.

We've always had Fanta Pineapple hfcs around here, but only 20oz and 2L. Would like to see some cans, myself.

Walmart will be doing something special with Fanta starting in about a week and a half.

What are they doing?

Would love to try the Peach flavor, am a big fan of peach.

Finally tried the hfcs pineapple, love it. Very happy it's here, hope it's a sign of things to come. Fruit flavored pop has always been under served here. Back when Slice was around the only flavor offered was orange and diet(Ew, so bad).
Thanks to Fanta zero, Mexican Fanta, and now Pineapple Fanta, I am looking forward to more Fanta.

ATownAndrew
06-08-2014, 02:58 AM
Pineapple Fanta has been available here in California for years, since 2000/2001 I think. Never had Peach Fanta here though except in the Freestyle machines. I wish we had Peach Fanta in cans/bottles here. And I wish the Mexican Fanta Pineapple was easier to get here. The only Mexican Fanta I ever see here is the Orange one.

Dewman1979
06-12-2014, 09:56 AM
Finished my first twelve pack, loved it. Hilariously, Walmart still doesn't carry it. Wish they did considering their three dollar sale. Oh well.

fusion
06-16-2014, 11:14 PM
Fanta Cherry launched today, 12 pack and 2 liter. Exclusive for Walmart for the rest of the year.

fusion
06-17-2014, 11:18 PM
http://i57.tinypic.com/aovsrk.jpg

Dewman1979
06-19-2014, 04:22 AM
Picked up a twelve pack tonight. Walmart is carrying both this and pineapple. Looking forward to trying.

Dewman1979
06-20-2014, 05:58 AM
Apparently cherry is a fountain flavor that's rather popular. Now I know why.

fusion
06-20-2014, 08:24 AM
Minute Maid Cherry and Fanta Cherry have been around in fountain and frozen form for a while. Zaxby's, a chicken chain in the south has always had Fanta Cherry in their fountains. And the frozen machines at places like Burger King have been Coke and cherry soda.

Just made sense to bring it to bottles and cans. Though I wish it was easier to find the three other Fanta flavors that are already in bottles and cans - grapefruit, apple and peach.

Dewman1979
06-23-2014, 03:57 AM
Minute Maid Cherry and Fanta Cherry have been around in fountain and frozen form for a while. Zaxby's, a chicken chain in the south has always had Fanta Cherry in their fountains. And the frozen machines at places like Burger King have been Coke and cherry soda.

Just made sense to bring it to bottles and cans. Though I wish it was easier to find the three other Fanta flavors that are already in bottles and cans - grapefruit, apple and peach.

I didn't know that. Not much of a fountain drinker(outside of freestyle)

I just can't figure out why we can't order whatever we want from either through the store or the distributor. It is 2014 after all.

And this cherry soda is excellent.

fusion
06-24-2014, 12:01 AM
A lot of it has to do with minimum runs. With the way that things are scaled up now, they won't produce something unless they can make a large amount of it at once. Then they truck it around the country to get it to the various distribution centers. It is interesting sometimes to see the distribution lanes they use to produce and distribute a product.

The warehouse that delivers the stuff to the stores I work in is actually a warehouse for other smaller warehouses as well. We receive full shipments of things and then repackage and send mixed loads out to other warehouses in our region.

I think that with the Coke-Keurig Green Mountain deal (Keurig is actually going to be opening their new beverage production facility in Georgia, near Atlanta) and with Amazon selling soda, that there will be more variety and more effort made to get new and interesting products directly into consumers' hands.

Dewman1979
06-24-2014, 06:04 AM
I see. Apparently coke is going to work with keuig on making a home soda machine that features coke products(unlike Sodastream and it's generic soda)

This could be big.

fusion
06-24-2014, 05:52 PM
You can make brand name soda with Sodastream, but apparently it is a messy proposition. You can buy a bag in box or jug of syrup off Amazon. I was reading some comments on a bag in box of Dr Pepper about peoples' experiences with doing it.

Dewman1979
06-25-2014, 07:42 AM
I will gladly wait for coke to do their thing, then promptly buy it. "Messy proposition" doesn't sound like fun to me. Lol.

Oh... and a side effect of gaining pineapple and cherry... no zero at Walmart. That sucks.

Dewman1979
07-03-2014, 05:27 AM
Coke is running a rather awesome promotion that gives you a dollar off every two two liter you buy. Thanks to the fact that both Safeway and Walmart are offering two liters for a dollar a piece, you can get a two liter for fifty cents with the promotional coupon.

And holy hell is pineapple Fanta popular.

Susan
07-12-2014, 03:53 PM
http://i57.tinypic.com/aovsrk.jpg

OMG, I found this today at Walmart and almost fell over! I'm the queen of cherry soda! I bought 3 twelve packs. I won't be able to try it for a few more weeks though because I'm on the Atkins diet right now, which means no sugar. :mad: But as soon as I can, I'll try it!

BluejacketT
08-05-2014, 05:43 PM
i tried Fanta Pineapple and I thought it is pretty good.

drpep
08-24-2014, 10:52 PM
Pineapple and Peach found in Mount Airy, North Carolina.