PDA

View Full Version : Fanta Chery is the bomb!

Susan
07-25-2014, 04:49 PM
Holy cow, I need to get on my knees and praise the Lord for bringing Fanta Cherry soda to my town at Walmart! When I first noticed it, I couldn't believe my eyes. I thought it just had to be Black Cherry or Cherry Lime or Cherry Vanilla or Cherry Cola. For so few have the imagination to actually put out JUST a Cherry soda without mixing it with another flavor. I know it must be tough. :rolleyes:

But alas, Cherry Fanta is the real deal. A real live cherry drink. When I saw it at Walmart, I nearly fainted and immediately bought three 12 packs, but since I was just starting what was supposed to be a month long Atkins diet, I'd have to wait for some time to try it. So there it sat for a whole 48 hours in my fridge, calling my name each time I opened the door. I would stare longingly at the beautiful red cans, which were merely a tease at this point. I thought about them day and night. It was the longest and most torturous, agonizing 48 hours of my life. Which led me to only one conceivable conclusion. To hell with the diet!

So I popped one open. Smelled it first then took a nice, slow, long sip. My first impression was one of disappointment. I had become very used to the Jolly Rancher Cherry sodas from Kmart in the one liter bottles and at first, Fanta didn't live up to it. The next day I tried it again with better results. That day I had three Fantas and by the end of the day I was hooked!

That was about three weeks ago. I'm kind of embarrassed to say, but I'm now on my ninth 12 pack! Type 2 Diabetes, here I come! I'm so hooked on this stuff, it's absolutely ridiculous. I even get up in the middle of the night to drink one. ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

It differs greatly from Cherry Crush, which I've always said doesn't taste distinctly "cherry". It's still not as good as Jolly Rancher Cherry or Jones Cherry (which those bozos inexplicably retired) but neither of those came in cans and there's just something special about soda straight from a cold can. It's definitely better than Cherokee Red in my opinion.

Cherry Fanta is what I'd describe as smooth yet tart. Tart like a real cherry. I'd also describe it as pure Heaven, a gift from God. Excuse me, while I go pop open another one. :D

BluejacketT
07-28-2014, 06:17 PM

I'll try this later. I wasn't the one that bought this flavor.

BluejacketT
08-05-2014, 05:40 PM
I tried it & it is good.

ATownAndrew
08-13-2014, 08:15 AM
My local Walmart doesn't carry it (a non supercenter Walmart) but I found it at a Walmart in the Bay Area when I went up there so I bought a 12 pack. I haven't tried it yet.

Dewman1979
08-17-2014, 03:20 AM
It's good, but frankly, pineapple is so much better.

fusion
08-17-2014, 08:19 AM
20oz coming out this week - another 7-11 exclusive.

ATownAndrew
08-31-2014, 11:46 PM
Fanta Cherry is really good. Really good Cherry flavor, not overly done or cough syrupy like, but stronger flavor then Cherry 7UP.

Susan
09-03-2014, 01:14 AM
Hello,

My name is Susan and I'm officially a Fanta Cherry holic.

OMG, I simply can't get enough of this. Since I discovered it, I'm gone through a minimum of 20 twelve packs. I'm drinking 5 or 6 cans a day. Absolutely LOVE it. 100 times better than Cherry Crush, in my opinion.

On the 8th day, God created Fanta Cherry.

Dewman1979
09-06-2014, 07:14 AM
Cheerwine has made me forget about Fanta Cherry.

Abernathy
09-13-2014, 03:44 PM
Fanta Cherry 20 oz. seen at a BP near Asheville, NC. Fanta Cherry gone from Detroit-area Wal-Mart.

ATownAndrew
09-21-2014, 02:18 AM
Hello,

My name is Susan and I'm officially a Fanta Cherry holic.

OMG, I simply can't get enough of this. Since I discovered it, I'm gone through a minimum of 20 twelve packs. I'm drinking 5 or 6 cans a day. Absolutely LOVE it. 100 times better than Cherry Crush, in my opinion.

On the 8th day, God created Fanta Cherry.

Fanta Cherry is definitely a lot better than Cherry Crush was and is even better than my beloved Cherry 7up. But 5-6 cans a day? That is binge soda drinking, pace yourself! I'll usually limit myself to 1-2 sodas a day so I can continue enjoying sodas in the future.

Susan
10-28-2014, 07:47 PM
Fanta Cherry is definitely a lot better than Cherry Crush was and is even better than my beloved Cherry 7up. But 5-6 cans a day? That is binge soda drinking, pace yourself! I'll usually limit myself to 1-2 sodas a day so I can continue enjoying sodas in the future.

I've always been pretty good at sticking to 2-3 cans of soda per day until Fanta Cherry came out. That was the deal breaker! This stuff is absolutely unreal!

fusion
10-29-2014, 10:56 PM
Wawa is now carrying 20oz. Not sure if this means that we will start seeing it pop up other places. But I do think that 7-11 wasn't selling enough of it. They have recently switched to a system where the store owners/managers now write all their own orders. The vendors don't have a say in it at all. Pretty stupid, in my opinion.

lordmadone
11-01-2014, 12:20 AM
Wawa is now carrying 20oz. Not sure if this means that we will start seeing it pop up other places. But I do think that 7-11 wasn't selling enough of it. They have recently switched to a system where the store owners/managers now write all their own orders. The vendors don't have a say in it at all. Pretty stupid, in my opinion.

They've been doing that in Virginia for years now. Interesting.

ATownAndrew
11-02-2014, 12:17 AM

That would explain why some 7-11s here don't have the 20 oz bottles.

Dewman1979
11-17-2014, 03:21 AM
Where I live, it's is difficult to find.

ATownAndrew
11-17-2014, 05:27 AM
Where I live, it's is difficult to find.
It is hard to find by me too. Some 7-11s have it in 20 oz bottles, but the Wal Marts in my area (which aren't Supercenters) don't carry it. I bought it at a Wal Mart Supercenter two hours north of me coming back from a trip a few months ago.

On another note, none of the grocery stores or retail stores for that matter in my area carry the lemonade Mountain Dew Game Fuel flavor. Even the regular Game Fuel is hard to find as I've only seen a single 12 pack at a Target once in a display in the video game section separate from the beverage section of the store.

Hacksaw
11-18-2014, 05:00 AM
I've not seen it in bottles or cans here in San Jose CA. I do see it in Coke's Freestyle machines, but, the Fanta Lime & Raspberry are better to me.

Troy The Vault Drinker
11-18-2014, 11:03 PM
I haven't tried it yet but have been meaning to.
Just 12 packs I've seen so far and I've seen them at gas stations, not just Walmart but have yet to find 20 oz.
Fanta Peach appeared in my area 20 oz only and I love it.
I wish Apple had 12 packs or 20 oz here, It's only available in fountain at cicis pizza.

Troy The Vault Drinker
11-18-2014, 11:04 PM
Just 12 packs I've seen so far and I've seen them at gas stations, not just Walmart but have yet to find 20 oz.
I wish Apple had 12 packs or 20 oz here, It's only available in fountain at cicis pizza here.

fusion
11-20-2014, 04:23 PM
I wish Apple had 12 packs or 20 oz here, It's only available in fountain at cicis pizza here.

Did Cici's Pizza get any better after they redid their pizza recipes? I ate at the one here last year and was less than impressed. It closed up not too long after that.

Fanta Apple does seem difficult to find. You could try Sidral Mundet, it is an apple soda from Mexico. You can usually find it in 12 ounce glass bottles and 1 liter bottles.

Troy The Vault Drinker
11-21-2014, 12:29 AM
Did Cici's Pizza get any better after they redid their pizza recipes? I ate at the one here last year and was less than impressed. It closed up not too long after that.

Fanta Apple does seem difficult to find. You could try Sidral Mundet, it is an apple soda from Mexico. You can usually find it in 12 ounce glass bottles and 1 liter bottles.

For the last year or so the cicis here has been great, think it has to do with the management. The last time I ate it about 2 months ago though, the pepperoni on the pizza tasted different, not as good. Budget cuts? I don't eat there much but it's been better than it used to be.

Back on subject, tried Fanta Cherry today. It's really good. I'm happy with it.

ATownAndrew
11-23-2014, 01:33 PM
I've not seen it in bottles or cans here in San Jose CA. I do see it in Coke's Freestyle machines, but, the Fanta Lime & Raspberry are better to me.

The Walmart where I saw the 12 pack cans a couple of months ago was the Supercenter in Gilroy, so they may still have it. I also entered a Walmart Neighbourhood Market in Santa Clara near Great America that had a really good soda selection and I think they also had Fanta Cherry. Fanta Cherry tastes better in the cans then it does in Freestyle.

ATownAndrew
11-23-2014, 01:53 PM

Pizza is meant to be eaten fresh right after its made, not after its been sitting under a heat lamp for a while. That's why pizza from pizza buffets will never be as good as pizza from pizza shops or Italian restuarants. Also, when you're charging $6 for all you can eat pizza, expect cheap ingredients. That's why I would probably never eat in a CiCi's (there not very many in CA anyways) and why I don't go to cheap buffet restuarants like Hometown Buffet.

I'm sorry that the only place in Troy's area that has Fanta Apple is CiCi's. We don't have Fanta Apple in CA, but we have Manzanita Sol made by Pepsi, and Sidral Mundet from Mexico.