PDA

View Full Version : New from Monster / Coca-Cola

fusion
08-17-2014, 08:00 AM
Monster and Coca-Cola recently signed a huge agreement. Coke will transfer its' energy brands to Monster - NOS, Full Throttle, Burn, Relentless, etc, and Monster will transfer its' non-energy brands to Coke - Hansen's, Hubert's, Peace Tea, etc.

Coke will also take on more distribution of Monster, including additional territory in the US and around the world. They will also be taking a 16.7% ownership stake in Monster.

http://www.coca-colacompany.com/press-center/press-releases/the-coca-cola-company-and-monster-beverage-corporation-enter-into-long-term-strategic-partnership

New flavors coming out soon in the US:

http://www.foodnavigator-usa.com/Manufacturers/Monster-Energy-Sunrise-will-have-Orangina-type-flavor-CEO-Sacks

Ultra Sunrise - a zero calorie "Orangina" type flavor. Comparisons being made to Mountain Dew Kickstart in targeting morning drinkers. November release.
Unleaded - a regular Monster energy without the caffeine. October release.
Ultra Black - exclusive to 7-11, it is a black cherry flavor. Supposed to be coming out this week.
Muscle Peanut Butter Cup - now available nationwide in singles. Was originally sold only at Walmart in 4 packs.
Juice Monster / Khaos - full can is now orange. Article mentions reformulation, less juice to make the product more drinkable.
M-80/Ripper - supposedly a name change and also less juice. I haven't seen M-80 in a long, long time. I guess it is coming back?

Not mentioned was Cuba Lima - I hear that may also be coming back via distribution by Coke. This new deal probably cemented that - Cuba Lima came from food distributors around here when we had it in Wawa. It disappeared a while ago.

fusion
08-17-2014, 08:02 AM
The Dub drinks were also rebranded earlier this year - they are now Punch. Mad Dog (grape) and Baller's Blend (fruit punch).

BluejacketT
08-17-2014, 04:59 PM
Ultra Sunrise and Unleaded seem interesting.

thecrazyrom
10-27-2014, 02:46 PM
All three of these flavors have been released. They arrived at my local Walmart at least a week ago. I know for a fact, I was excited and tried all of them

fusion
10-27-2014, 08:33 PM
Some areas are still serviced by independent and AB distributors who have different release timetables. I expect to start seeing Ultra Sunrise and Unleaded next week.

Ubermonster is also being transitioned from a 16.9 ounce glass bottle to a 18.6 can, similar to that of Monster Import.

fusion
10-29-2014, 09:52 PM
Anyone seen M-80/Ripper? I haven't heard if we were going to be carrying it again or not.

lordmadone
10-31-2014, 11:07 PM
Anyone seen M-80/Ripper? I haven't heard if we were going to be carrying it again or not.

Nowhere yet.