PDA

View Full Version : Sierra Mist sweetener change

hitokage
11-09-2014, 11:10 PM
About two weeks ago I went to buy some Sierra Mist, and noticed they redesigned the packaging. I also noticed they changed the sweetener from just sugar, to a mix of sugar and Stevia, reducing the amount of calories from 37g to 29g per 12oz can.
Old ingredients list and sugars amount:
New:
The household member that frequently drinks this wasn't told of the change, and hasn't said anything about it tasting different.

Thoughts? I wonder why they didn't mentioned it, saying something like "now with less calories".

ATownAndrew
11-10-2014, 02:48 AM
I haven't tried the new version of SM, but I've read a lot of complaints about changing their sweetener on their Facebook page. If they change from HFCS to a blend of sugar and stevia, that one thing. But to switch from real sugar to a blend of sugar and stevia, people are bound to notice and complain and Sierra Mist might end up shooting its self in the foot with this sweetener change.

hitokage
11-22-2014, 11:24 PM
I can't think of a reason for changing it that they wouldn't mention at all. Coke changed Seagram's ginger ale a bit ago, but they mentioned on the packaging that it had less calories or something to that effect.

I forgot to mention in my original post that they also added the preservative potassium sorbate to Sierra Mist.

Troy The Vault Drinker
11-26-2014, 11:20 PM
The new design for Sierra Mist is absolutely terrible.

ATownAndrew
12-08-2014, 01:21 PM
The new design for Sierra Mist is absolutely terrible.

I don't think I've ever seen another brand of soda, or any product brand go through so many logo changes in under 15 years as Sierra Mist has. I think all the Sierra Mist logos are pretty bad but I can't decide which one is the worst.