PDA

View Full Version : Japan gets Coca-Cola Orange

fusion
11-12-2014, 11:08 AM
http://kotaku.com/hey-japan-have-some-orange-coca-cola-1655357756

Coca-Cola has recently released an orange flavored Coca-Cola in Japan. I imagine it is similar to Germany's MezzoMix and the orange Coca-Cola you can get from a Freestyle machine.

I found some on Ebay, I may pick up a few if I can get a deal on combined shipping. I love MezzoMix. Though it is a bit expensive - $1.99 for a sleek 12 ounce can at Wegmans. Wish Coke would do LTO flavors for Coca-Cola.

drpep
11-12-2014, 08:45 PM
Does Freestyle have orange Coke?

fusion
11-12-2014, 09:41 PM
Yep. I get it quite often.

Dewman1979
11-17-2014, 03:24 AM
Yeah, orange and raspberry are the two coke flavors that I frequent.

ATownAndrew
11-17-2014, 05:12 AM
Cool. I'm going to Japan next June. I'll have to try this one.

fusion
11-21-2014, 01:36 PM
Probably won't be around next June, I think it is a LTO. I bit the bullet and ordered a few bottles off Ebay.

ATownAndrew
11-23-2014, 01:56 PM
Probably won't be around next June, I think it is a LTO. I bit the bullet and ordered a few bottles off Ebay. How much did it cost you with shipping?

fusion
11-25-2014, 09:44 AM
How much did it cost you with shipping?

4 bottles for almost $50. I immediately regretted spending that much. It better taste damn good.

Troy The Vault Drinker
11-30-2014, 03:08 PM
I've had the Orange Coke from the freestyle machine before and I didn't care for it. It had a cinnamon taste. Im sure the actual Coke Orange in a bottle tastes better though.

fusion
12-04-2014, 12:00 AM
The freestyle version is pretty strong. The Japanese version is quite mellow. I will have to try a can of MezzoMix I picked up from Wegmans to make the complete comparison.

What's odd is that I ordered four bottles, but the seller shipped them two bottles at a time to save on shipping costs (apparently one big box costs a lot more then two small ones). But only one showed up today.

The Japanese version also seems holiday oriented - one cap had a polar bear head on it, the other had a wrapped present on it.

skifdank
12-04-2014, 01:37 PM
The freestyle version is pretty strong. The Japanese version is quite mellow. I will have to try a can of MezzoMix I picked up from Wegmans to make the complete comparison.

What's odd is that I ordered four bottles, but the seller shipped them two bottles at a time to save on shipping costs (apparently one big box costs a lot more then two small ones). But only one showed up today.

The Japanese version also seems holiday oriented - one cap had a polar bear head on it, the other had a wrapped present on it.

Good flavor? What's it sweetened with?