PDA

View Full Version : Pepsi Wild Cherry returning to Canada through Mac's and Couche-Tard (LTO)

GenesisWildCherry
04-28-2015, 02:47 PM
They just broke the news to me on FB. IT'LL BE BACK! :D

sublimecitrus
04-30-2015, 07:29 PM
I hope it's out soon.

GenesisWildCherry
05-01-2015, 01:10 AM
Me too, the wait is killing me. It's coming out (in my area, at least), mid-late May according to Pepsi.

I'm DYING to get my hands on it.

fusion
05-01-2015, 05:27 AM
We've had Pepsi Cherry with real sugar in the US since probably the beginning of the year, along with vanilla. 20 ounce, 7.5 ounce 8 pack cans, and 12 ounce 8 pack bottles.

I'm baffled as to why Coke and Pepsi don't carry their cherry colas up there all the time. Hopefully you stocked up when Target had Cherry Coke. And I can't believe the closest Freestyles to you are in Ottawa and in the US (New York - Malone and Plattsburgh, Vermont - Burlington, and Maine - Skowhegan, Farmington, Waterville). At least a 3.5-4+ hour drive each way!

GenesisWildCherry
05-01-2015, 12:27 PM
I'm baffled too, fusion. I know that Canada is a smaller market to the US, but that doesn't justify the abhorrent lack of selection we have here. People are clamouring for it, so the demand is there. The low selection of flavoured cola here bothers me. Quebec is the worst offender, flavoured colas are hard to come by like crazy. We don't even get Diet Coke Lime like the rest of the country. Even Pepsi Lime / Diet Pepsi Lime is limited to only some grocery store (Super C, some IGAs, Loblaws). I'm getting seriously peeved. lol

Cherry Pepsi is a miracle here.

sublimecitrus
05-16-2015, 03:49 PM
Haven't seen it yet, but I was told that you'll start seeing it after this weekend.

GenesisWildCherry
05-16-2015, 11:02 PM
Haven't seen it yet, but I was told that you'll start seeing it after this weekend.

Yep, that's the word on the street now. When I come back from the U.S, I'll try looking for it. I come back Tuesday night, but can check Wednesday.

red_green17
05-20-2015, 07:42 PM
My cousin mentioned that they saw this in the Ottawa area today at a Macs.
Definitely going to be nice to have back around here! My stash from Target is running on empty and I am already halfway through the soda I hauled back from crossborder shopping. Before I found out about the Macs, my saving grace was being a 5 min drive to the Freestyle machine (not to rub it in) here in Kanata.

This is going to be awesome!!

sublimecitrus
05-20-2015, 11:50 PM
My cousin mentioned that they saw this in the Ottawa area today at a Macs.
Definitely going to be nice to have back around here! My stash from Target is running on empty and I am already halfway through the soda I hauled back from crossborder shopping. Before I found out about the Macs, my saving grace was being a 5 min drive to the Freestyle machine (not to rub it in) here in Kanata.

This is going to be awesome!!

I checked at one of the macs closer to me and they didn't have it yet.

The only down part about this being an LTO and at macks is the fact that I can't buy packs of cans. Hopefully that will follow in the summer months.

GenesisWildCherry
05-21-2015, 12:29 PM
Still none spotted at my local Couche-Tard's I'll keep checking each week. I bought some U.S. Cherry Pepsi to compare.

sublimecitrus
05-21-2015, 10:38 PM
Still none spotted at my local Couche-Tard's I'll keep checking each week. I bought some U.S. Cherry Pepsi to compare.

Apparently Cherry Coke might be a limited summer release as well. Saw something posted on reddit from someone who works at a store and talked to a coke rep.

GenesisWildCherry
05-21-2015, 11:22 PM
Boy they love to tease us with the Cherry colas, huh? Just give them to us already, it's obvious we want them!

I have half a mind to stop buying in Canada and go to the States / send people there.

sublimecitrus
05-25-2015, 07:24 PM
Enjoying one now.

I'm gonna hoard them while they're 2 for 2 bucks. We rarely get deals like that in Canada.

GenesisWildCherry
05-26-2015, 01:03 AM
I have to wait till June 10. lol

sublimecitrus
06-04-2015, 08:39 PM
Seems like the LTO was short lived. Macs by me have started pulling the signs and WCP is nowhere to be found.

Thanks, Pepsi. I appreciate the effort, but...

GenesisWildCherry
06-05-2015, 12:27 AM
Pepsi did tell me over the phone that it was a 6-week period...

Morons. :P

sublimecitrus
06-05-2015, 01:56 AM
Pepsi did tell me over the phone that it was a 6-week period...

Morons. :P

Maybe, just maybe, they didn't take into account the fact there might be demand.

GenesisWildCherry
06-05-2015, 01:46 PM
Which is mighty dumb, considering that everybody wants it. They just won't listen, I guess.

sublimecitrus
06-05-2015, 05:19 PM
Which is mighty dumb, considering that everybody wants it. They just won't listen, I guess.

Pepsi got back to me on Twitter. The promotion is indeed done with. Hoard while you can!

GenesisWildCherry
06-05-2015, 05:26 PM
It's just about to get started in QC (Couche Tard said from June 10th on). Come here and get some. ;)

sublimecitrus
06-07-2015, 11:45 AM
It's just about to get started in QC (Couche Tard said from June 10th on). Come here and get some. ;)

My wife's parents who live in a smaller town ended up hoarding 36 cans from Mac's there. Ha.

I think I'm good now. I have some for the summer.

Though, I do miss Quebec. My favourite non-soda drink is only sold there... that chocolate hazelnut milk by Quebon. Liquid nutella.