PDA

View Full Version : Fanta Mango

fusion
05-07-2015, 09:55 AM
Mango is the Fanta flavor for 2015. 20 ounce in 7-11, 12 packs and 2 liters in Walmart. Launched this week. Cherry is also returning in select areas.

http://i57.tinypic.com/1e7z8y.jpg

Susan
05-07-2015, 11:06 AM
Cherry has disappeared in my area. But hey, as long as they keep the same old crap of orange, grape and strawberry like every other brand! So unbelievable.

fusion
05-07-2015, 07:30 PM
I feel lucky to live in an area where we have a few alternative flavors to choose from. I've spoken before about the Canada Dry flavors (not ginger ales). I can also get Fanta Peach if I drive about 30 minutes. But I have taken to buying 12 packs for about $20 off Ebay. Expensive, but I get to try stuff that I would otherwise have to take a long road trip to get to.

Do you have Cactus Cooler in your part of California? That's some good stuff.

drpep
05-07-2015, 07:55 PM
I had a Fanta Cherry last month from a QuikTrip in Concord, NC. Not impressed.

Susan
05-07-2015, 10:15 PM
I feel lucky to live in an area where we have a few alternative flavors to choose from. I've spoken before about the Canada Dry flavors (not ginger ales). I can also get Fanta Peach if I drive about 30 minutes. But I have taken to buying 12 packs for about $20 off Ebay. Expensive, but I get to try stuff that I would otherwise have to take a long road trip to get to.

I know we used to have Cactus Cooler. Not sure if we still do though.

I have found a new way to satisfy my cherry cravings! I've been buying the new Juicy Juice frozen bars. Cherry of course. Then I get the cherry Kool Aid sweetened liquid concentrate and pour it into the juice bar as I eat it. About as cherry as it gets!

Susan
05-07-2015, 10:19 PM

Now that's blasphemy! lol To be honest, I wasn't impressed after my first couple of Fanta Cherry sodas when they came out last summer but boy did that change! Was it in a can or plastic bottle? The best way to bring out the great taste in a Cherry Fanta is to eat one of those Little Debbie Cherry Pies first, then as soon as you're done, pop open an ice cold Fanta Cherry and taste pure Heaven! I'm a Cherry freak, aren't I? Believe it or not, my weight is normal and so is my blood sugar. Shocking since I drink so much soda! :)

fusion
05-08-2015, 08:22 AM

How long has QT been in NC?

We just got Speedway in DE last month (they took over all the Hess stations). I am curious if they will be carrying anything unusual. Have not been in there to check.

drpep
05-08-2015, 11:20 PM
I would say QT arrived in the Charlotte area no earlier than 2011.

drpep
05-08-2015, 11:21 PM
Fanta Mango is in Winchester, Virginia 7-Elevens.

Susan
05-09-2015, 03:39 PM
I checked two Walmarts today and did not see any Mango or Cherry. And to the earlier poster who asked me about Cactus Cooler, yes, I did see that in 12 packs out here.

Dewman1979
05-12-2015, 01:44 AM
Looking forward to trying this.

BottleBoss
05-15-2015, 08:08 AM
I purchased a bottle of it at the 7-11 in Harpers Ferry, WV this past week. It is actually pretty good. Very sweet. Good mango flavor. A little syrupy. I will buy it again. I wonder if it will be put in the glass bottles like the other flavors?

fusion
05-15-2015, 09:29 PM
The glass bottle Fanta flavors are imported from Mexico. The bottle/can stuff is produced in the US. No plans AFAIK to produce Mango in Mexico and import it here.

Susan
05-16-2015, 03:03 PM
Is the Fanta Mango just a Walmart thing like the Cherry was? I've looked all over and can't find it. :mad:

fusion
05-16-2015, 10:43 PM
12 packs and 2 liters in Walmart, 20oz in 7-11. At least for now.

I found Cherry 2 liters at a local grocery store the other day.

thesodacave
05-17-2015, 03:25 AM
Cherry available in 2L and 12-packs in central Louisiana, but nothing as far as mango goes. We do have peach Fanta in Shreveport-Alexandria-Monroe, but if you go into south Louisiana, Coke owns the rights to Big Red, so you have Big Peach instead of Fanta Peach. We have Fanta Peach, so maybe Fanta Mango is coming next too.....

Susan
05-17-2015, 02:50 PM
Ah, you guys are making me jealous! We just have the same old boring crapola. Orange, Strawberry, Grape. Yawn. I bought a 12 pack of Grape yesterday and wasn't the least bit impressed. :mad:

ATownAndrew
05-18-2015, 02:10 PM
I just saw 12 packs of Fanta Mango at my local non-supercenter Walmart (along with 12 packs of Mtn Dew Sangrita Blast). I haven't picked it up yet but will as my soda supply dwindles down.

Cactus Cooler is alive and well here. Its bottled/distributed by 7up/RC of Southern California here.

lordmadone
05-18-2015, 06:22 PM
Ah, you guys are making me jealous! We just have the same old boring crapola. Orange, Strawberry, Grape. Yawn. I bought a 12 pack of Grape yesterday and wasn't the least bit impressed. :mad:

Cherry and Mango both in Walmarts everywhere in my area now. No 12 packs for either. Hesitant to try mango as I usually don't like mango flavored things.

Susan
05-23-2015, 10:47 PM
Apparently Mango isn't coming to Fresno or the surrounding areas. Not surprised. I've looked everywhere. :( I was surprised to find Cherry RC in 12 packs at Walmart last week, something I've never seen here. I've seen it at liquor stores in 20 oz bottles once in a rare while but not in cans. I bought a 12 pack and it's pretty good. Better than Cherry Coke or Pepsi in my opinion, though I will say I enjoy Diet Cherry Pepsi or Cherry Coke Zero better than the regulars of these brands.

Has anyone tried that Soda Streamer machine? I'm thinking of buying one and making my own cherry soda with the Cherry Kool-Aid Soda Stream Mix. Naturally, I'd make it extra cherrier!

I bought some Fanta Grape also last week at Walmart to try it. Not impressed in the least. Tastes like wine or something. I think for grape, I like Shasta the best. Maybe Crush.

Susan
05-30-2015, 02:27 PM
Hey boys, I finally found some Mango Fanta at Walmart this morning. I have some in the fridge right now. Will let you know how I like it later.

Susan
05-31-2015, 01:35 AM
Hey boys, I finally found some Mango Fanta at Walmart this morning. I have some in the fridge right now. Will let you know how I like it later.

Wow, I'm very impressed! I actually wasn't expecting much but I really enjoyed the Fanta Mango. It's what I imagined the mythical "Nectarine Crush" that Floyd Lawson mentioned in an Andy Griffith episode would taste like. I still love the Cherry Fanta better though and I like the Fanta Orange. Not sure what happened when Fanta created grape. Still the worst tasting grape soda out there in my opinion.

ATownAndrew
06-01-2015, 09:40 AM
Wow, I'm very impressed! I actually wasn't expecting much but I really enjoyed the Fanta Mango. It's what I imagined the mythical "Nectarine Crush" that Floyd Lawson mentioned in an Andy Griffith episode would taste like. I still love the Cherry Fanta better though and I like the Fanta Orange. Not sure what happened when Fanta created grape. Still the worst tasting grape soda out there in my opinion.

That's good to hear that the Fanta Mango soda is really good. I just tried the Fanta Mango Slurpee at 7-11 a couple of days ago and I thought it was really good. 7-11 has a deal on 20 oz bottles of Fanta Mango with its app, buy one bottle of any Fanta flavor and get a Fanta Mango bottle free.

I heard that Fanta Grape is supposed to taste a lot better in Japan - a lot more natural tasting. I'll find out when I go there in a couple of weeks. I'll have to do a trip report of all the cool Japanese sodas I try there when I come back.

lordmadone
06-04-2015, 05:35 PM
I finally tried some of the manga fanta and I can say I enjoyed it! I was very surprised. I wouldn't mind buying it a second time.

Troy The Vault Drinker
06-16-2015, 01:20 AM
Absolutely loved the Mango Fanta. I was very impressed.

Dewman1979
06-23-2015, 04:50 AM
I absolutely love this.

drpep
09-22-2015, 07:59 PM
Fanta Mango cans now at Wegmans.