PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Pepsi returning?

sublimecitrus
06-09-2015, 11:19 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/eats/crystal-pepsi-return-response-online-campaign-article-1.2251877

The campaign, led by the L.A. Beast, has become a full movement.

Interesting to see what Pepsi actually does.

skifdank
06-10-2015, 02:10 PM
Saw this, Very exciting. No caramel color = big selling point.

Troy The Vault Drinker
06-16-2015, 02:16 AM
Crystal Pepsi is something I have always wanted to taste. Finally I may get my chance. Thanks Pepsi.

lordmadone
06-19-2015, 03:21 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/eats/crystal-pepsi-return-response-online-campaign-article-1.2251877

The campaign, led by the L.A. Beast, has become a full movement.

Interesting to see what Pepsi actually does.

Funny..I watched LA Beast for years downing out of date Crystal Pepsi and hurling everywhere..who would have thought he was the one to push to have it make a comeback.

sublimecitrus
06-20-2015, 11:31 AM
Funny..I watched LA Beast for years downing out of date Crystal Pepsi and hurling everywhere..who would have thought he was the one to push to have it make a comeback.

Well. He might be tired of drinking 20+ year old Crystal Pepsi and puking it up all the time. He wants a fresh one.

Have a good day!

Susan
06-20-2015, 03:05 PM
Never had one, how is it different than regular Pepsi, besides no coloring?

Android
06-20-2015, 07:27 PM
It was mostly just a milder Pepsi... it didn't have any caffeine in it either. That's Crystal Pepsi, not the later "Crystal, by the makers of Pepsi," where they screwed with the formula and put lemon in it, yechh.

GenesisWildCherry
06-20-2015, 09:33 PM
So... Crystal Pepsi is just Pepsi, that looks like 7Up... And yet they refuse to bring Cherry Pepsi back to Canada lol

Dewman1979
06-23-2015, 04:44 AM
Cherry pepsi sucks. Why on earth would you drink that over coke cherry?

Oh, and pepsi blue > crystal pepsi

GenesisWildCherry
06-25-2015, 01:13 PM
I agree with you on one thing: Cherry Coke > Cherry Pepsi. But try having no Cherry Coke where ya live.

Dewman1979
06-28-2015, 03:10 PM
Never not had cherry coke.

GenesisWildCherry
06-28-2015, 11:32 PM
This isn't the place for me to lament the lack of Cherry Coke in this "civilized" country. XD

Anyway, was there ANY difference in flavour in Crystal Pepsi? Never drank it.

Android
06-29-2015, 10:34 PM
It's hard to remember - it's been so long. Hell, back then, they still had 16NR bottles in glass, I'm pretty sure that was the way I first tried it. I was living in Colorado, which was the test market for Crystal Pepsi. I mostly remember that it was Pepsi-esque, not as much bite. I'd say somewhere between Caffeine Free Pepsi and Pepsi Next in flavor.

The very last one of the original formula I drank came in 1994 when I was actually working for Pepsi - one of the Pepsi machines we filled, I found a can that had fallen into the works and I fished it out. It was "OK" - certainly nothing that would provoke projectile vomiting - but not great either.

GenesisWildCherry
07-06-2015, 05:05 PM
Android: If it was that "OK", I wonder why so many people want it back, honestly. I don't feel the excitement and hype those people do. In all honesty, I don't really care whether it comes back or not. If it does, great for its fans. If not, oh well. There's others.

Android
07-06-2015, 06:19 PM
I think the "OK" factor was why sales plummeted after a short time. I think once the gimmick factor wore off people were ho-hum about it. Coke's "Clear Tab" probably helped it on its way, I don't think it was quite the gleeful "we killed it" that Zyman claimed, I think it was destined to fall out regardless.

I liked it, I didn't love it. If I wanted a non-caffeine soda I was choosing it instead of 7-up, for instance.

-Andy

ATownAndrew
07-07-2015, 03:36 AM
I'll believe it when it happens. With Coke bringing Surge back though, it's possible. Now Pepsi just needs to listen to the Josta fan community and bring that back too.

GenesisWildCherry
07-07-2015, 01:28 PM
I wish Pepsi and Coke Canada would listen to their fans, like the American parents do...

Dewman1979
07-13-2015, 04:28 AM
I wish Pepsi and Coke Canada would listen to their fans, like the American parents do...

But they don't... Live Wire is scarce and Supernova is gone yet Mountain Dew refuses to fix the problem. What's worse, is that diet Mt. Dew has only one variety despite the demand for more.

newCOKEcanuck
07-20-2015, 07:31 PM
Crystal Pepsi looked really cool with the clear label and the graphics were strong. If you really wanna know what Crystal Pepsi tasted like, it was like mixing 7-up and Pepsi, it tasted nothing like real Pepsi or cola in general. It was weird. I remember Safeways having a huge bin filled with Crystal Pepsi 2L. bottles @$0.25 each to clear out six months after introduction. Crystal diet Pepsi did however taste like diet Pepsi. After six months of terrible sales Pepsi re-launched Crystal Pepsi with/lemon citron which only lasted a couple months too.