PDA

View Full Version : Cherry Coke: I'm beginning to wonder.

GenesisWildCherry
10-20-2015, 02:27 AM
Rant time (my thread in Complaints and Rants did squat)

What's with Cherry Coke in this country? Why do they refuse to make it full-time? How can practically every other country, big or small, can have it, but Canada can't? Ridiculous.

Yes, we get it once in a while. Not enough. When will this charade stop? When will Coke Canada stop ignoring the demands of paying customers?

Will Coke ever treat it seriously here in Canada?

---sigh---

Sorry guys. I've just had my fill of this "good stuff LTO and crap full time" garbage here.

fusion
10-21-2015, 12:32 PM
Maybe you could start a campaign like the Surge people did here in the US.

I don't understand why it isn't full time, either. Doesn't really make any sense to me.

GenesisWildCherry
10-23-2015, 12:16 AM
Worst part is, Fusion, I did. Nobody's signing up. Coke DELETES my post.

CitrusCola
10-24-2015, 11:23 PM
Sometimes the problem is distributors. I've asked CCBCC why they don't sell Pibb Zero in NC, and I was told that "there's not a market for it," and that they wouldn't even sell regular Pibb if they didn't have to. They claim that Pibb can't compete with Dr Pepper (which is distributed by the Pepsi bottler in our area).

We do, however, have Coke Cherry Zero available. They even sell Tab (not that that's a good thing) in some places.

GenesisWildCherry
10-25-2015, 01:43 AM
Now that's just plain laziness. Whoever is in charge should be cut.

Utterly ridiculous how some people can be sometimes.

Susan
10-25-2015, 06:35 PM
Sometimes the problem is distributors. I've asked CCBCC why they don't sell Pibb Zero in NC, and I was told that "there's not a market for it," and that they wouldn't even sell regular Pibb if they didn't have to. They claim that Pibb can't compete with Dr Pepper (which is distributed by the Pepsi bottler in our area).

We do, however, have Coke Cherry Zero available. They even sell Tab (not that that's a good thing) in some places.

Wow, that's amazing, considering Pibb puts Dr. Pepper to absolute shame. Dr. Pepper is decent but compared to Pibb, it tastes like sewer water. I've never seen Pibb Zero around here but I wish we had it. I often go on a month long no carb diet and the only diet sodas I'll drink are Diet Rite Cola or Diet A&W Rootbeer or Creme. Just a quick shot of liquid Stevia in the can and it tastes great!

As for there not being Cherry Coke in Canada, I'm amazed! I never would've guessed that Cherry Coke would be difficult for anyone to find. It's literally everywhere around here. So much so, it's an afterthought. Funny thing is that as much as I love Cherry sodas, I'm not much at all into cherry colas. Has anyone ever tasted the Shasta Cherry Cola? OMG! Worst tasting drink of all time!

lordmadone
10-27-2015, 08:24 PM
Wow, that's amazing, considering Pibb puts Dr. Pepper to absolute shame. Dr. Pepper is decent but compared to Pibb, it tastes like sewer water. I've never seen Pibb Zero around here but I wish we had it. I often go on a month long no carb diet and the only diet sodas I'll drink are Diet Rite Cola or Diet A&W Rootbeer or Creme. Just a quick shot of liquid Stevia in the can and it tastes great!

Dr.Pepper is head and shoulders above Pibb as far as legacy, following and distribution. It's a complete copy cat of Dr.Pepper and viewed as such. I, myself, don't drink it or Dr.Pepper much but they both taste the same. With that being said, Pibb has a following but it isn't remotely close to Dr.Pepper. It is nothing more than a clone and used to take part of the market share where Coke does not have distribution rights for Dr.Pepper. Overall, Dr.Pibb is a slow mover on shelves. It is almost never included on displays unless it is like the 15+ flavor.

Susan
10-28-2015, 10:25 PM
Dr.Pepper is head and shoulders above Pibb as far as legacy, following and distribution. It's a complete copy cat of Dr.Pepper and viewed as such. I, myself, don't drink it or Dr.Pepper much but they both taste the same. With that being said, Pibb has a following but it isn't remotely close to Dr.Pepper. It is nothing more than a clone and used to take part of the market share where Coke does not have distribution rights for Dr.Pepper. Overall, Dr.Pibb is a slow mover on shelves. It is almost never included on displays unless it is like the 15+ flavor.

Lordmadone,

Please forgive me if I came across as if I was trying to insult anyone, I certainly didn't mean it that way!!! I was just saying that in my personal opinion, Pibb Xtra, which is my favorite drink anywhere, is WAY better than Dr. Pepper. Dr. Pepper will always massively out sell Pibb or any other knock off because people like the brand name. I do truly believe in my heart however that if you gave 100 people a taste test that have never had either product, people would prefer Pibb 75/25 over Dr. Pepper. It's just so much more flavorful with a more cherry type taste and just bursting with carbonation. Dr. Pepper leaves a bitter after taste in my mouth. The only Dr. Pepper product I ever really liked was Red Fusion, which to me is a lot closer to Pibb Xtra.

lordmadone
11-10-2015, 09:26 PM
Lordmadone,

Please forgive me if I came across as if I was trying to insult anyone, I certainly didn't mean it that way!!! I was just saying that in my personal opinion, Pibb Xtra, which is my favorite drink anywhere, is WAY better than Dr. Pepper. Dr. Pepper will always massively out sell Pibb or any other knock off because people like the brand name. I do truly believe in my heart however that if you gave 100 people a taste test that have never had either product, people would prefer Pibb 75/25 over Dr. Pepper. It's just so much more flavorful with a more cherry type taste and just bursting with carbonation. Dr. Pepper leaves a bitter after taste in my mouth. The only Dr. Pepper product I ever really liked was Red Fusion, which to me is a lot closer to Pibb Xtra.

No offense taken or insult. I just wanted to clarify things. I enjoy your input!

GenesisWildCherry
11-10-2015, 11:56 PM
Getting a little excited.

Heading to the States soon, will be stocking up on so much Cherry Coke I could swim in it!

But there's still the problem of Coke refusing to release it here full-time despite overwhelming demand.