PDA

View Full Version : Word on the street - Cherry Coke at Walmart (Canada)

GenesisWildCherry
12-06-2015, 09:30 PM
Yep. I've seen pictures of the same cans from the previous 2 years: pretty much the same as the U.S. ones but bilingual.

Waiting for official confirmation from Walmart and Coke.

I thought for sure those would die after Target left...

GenesisWildCherry
12-07-2015, 03:59 PM
Sorry for double post.

It's for real. I found one at my local Maxi and bought it. It's not just at Walmart. Try anywhere that sells 24-packs.

lordmadone
12-08-2015, 10:58 AM
Yep. I've seen pictures of the same cans from the previous 2 years: pretty much the same as the U.S. ones but bilingual.

Waiting for official confirmation from Walmart and Coke.

I thought for sure those would die after Target left...

Target left?

GenesisWildCherry
12-08-2015, 12:11 PM
Yep. Left me scarred for months.

sublimecitrus
12-08-2015, 01:37 PM
I'll head down to my wal-mart in a bit. Hopefully it makes it out west.

GenesisWildCherry
12-08-2015, 03:40 PM
I hope so too. Coke seems to favour Eastern Canada lately. Good luck, man

Susan
12-09-2015, 11:05 PM
Is Cherry Coke rare in Canada? You can literally find it in any and every single store anywhere in the United States. It's so common, it doesn't even register with me when I see it. I like Cherry Pepsi better though and to be honest, I like Diet Cherry Pepsi better than the regular. Does Canada carry the Cherry Coke Zero? That too is everywhere here.

GenesisWildCherry
12-09-2015, 11:18 PM
Susan, the thing is they won't release it as a permanent product in Canada. Despite the sales and demand.

Canada has never had Cherry Zero.

Susan
12-10-2015, 12:37 AM
Susan, the thing is they won't release it as a permanent product in Canada. Despite the sales and demand.

Canada has never had Cherry Zero.

I can sympathize with you. Many of the products I enjoy wind up being a limited time thing here like Fanta Cherry, Cherry Crush, Mt Dew Pitch Black and my all time favorite Red Fusion. I have often wondered about the availability of some of my favorite soft drinks in Canada because for the past several years I have strongly considered permanently moving to western Canada if a certain person is elected to the presidency in 2016. Just curious, do they have Cherry Pepsi over there? It's odd they've never had Coke Zero products there as they're in every super market here, at least in Central California. I think it's considerably better than the Diet Coke products, especially the Cherry Coke Zero vs. Diet Cherry Coke. And do you guys still have Lime Crush there? It was a favorite of mine too but of course it was gone from the shelves before I could even blink.

GenesisWildCherry
12-10-2015, 09:39 PM
Susan, don't. Don't bother coming to Canada even if he's elected. Avoid Quebec at all costs, anyway: it's a soda lover's Hell. Worst selection in the developed world: other provinces are better. Even though there's still no Cherry Pepsi (They don't bother with it), no Lime Crush (until its discontinuation a small while ago), no Coke Zero flavours (never came at all). We're a third world country, huh? XD Cherry Coke just comes for a month or 2 at a time. You'd be better off in Europe or Australia. :P But meh, to each his/her own.

We DO have regular Lime Pepsi which I personally think is awesome, and I believe you guys don't have that.

Susan
12-11-2015, 01:04 AM
Susan, don't. Don't bother coming to Canada even if he's elected. Avoid Quebec at all costs, anyway: it's a soda lover's Hell. Worst selection in the developed world: other provinces are better. Even though there's still no Cherry Pepsi (They don't bother with it), no Lime Crush (until its discontinuation a small while ago), no Coke Zero flavours (never came at all). We're a third world country, huh? XD Cherry Coke just comes for a month or 2 at a time. You'd be better off in Europe or Australia. :P But meh, to each his/her own.

We DO have regular Lime Pepsi which I personally think is awesome, and I believe you guys don't have that.

We have Diet Lime Coke though it's not super common but the Safeway (Vons) by me has it. We also had the Pepsi Lime for a while and I enjoyed it a lot. Btw, it's not a "he" I'm worried about. My favorite hockey team is from Canada though! Montreal Canadiens! Woo-hoo! We need Carey Price to get healthy in a hurry though.

GenesisWildCherry
12-13-2015, 12:46 PM
Well.... that was fast. :P Cherry Coke already is gone from QC, it seems. Nobody's restocked in my area...

Susan
12-13-2015, 04:03 PM
Well.... that was fast. :P Cherry Coke already is gone from QC, it seems. Nobody's restocked in my area...

I'm drinking a Diet Cherry Pepsi as I read this. Starting a 21 day Atkins diet Monday so I bought two 12 packs at Walmart yesterday. Tastes a little better now that Pepsi is using Splenda.

GenesisWildCherry
12-13-2015, 04:41 PM
There's nobody I envy more than you Americans.... You guys get frickin' everything...

And yet, other provinces have stock like there's no tomorrow.

Susan
12-13-2015, 04:59 PM
There's nobody I envy more than you Americans.... You guys get frickin' everything...

And yet, other provinces have stock like there's no tomorrow.

Jeez, and there's nobody that complains more than me that we get nothing in the way of sodas! I walk up and down the soda aisle shaking my head every time I'm there! I guess the grass is always greener on the other side. As long as I can get my Pibb Xtra I guess I shouldn't whine too much. I'd love it if Cheerwine, especially the diet came to my neck of the woods. I wonder what the soda selection is like around the Calgary area or in Western Canada in general. Do you guys at least have Canada Dry there? I heard the peach is to die for! All we get here are Canada Dry Ginger Ale and mixes. When I was very young, we got CD in every flavor around here.

GenesisWildCherry
01-08-2016, 11:51 PM
You should see a QC soda aisle, Susan, It's an absolute and utter joke. No flavours, basic as you can get. So generic I haven't bought any except for Cherry Coke and Coke Zero in a long time till manufacturers and retailers here get off their buttocks and give us stuff.

Well, at least I found more Cherry Coke. Had to go to a Walmart outta town though. Better than nothing, I got 4. :)

sublimecitrus
05-01-2016, 04:44 PM
Anything coming about coke/pepsi releases for summer 2016?

I'm hoping for vanilla or cherry coke and pepsi.

But expect nothing.

GenesisWildCherry
05-02-2016, 05:20 PM
Expect more.

Vanilla Coke is out, and some places are getting Cherry ON TOP of that.

sublimecitrus
05-02-2016, 08:06 PM
Expect more.

Vanilla Coke is out, and some places are getting Cherry ON TOP of that.

Sweet beans. I hope it comes to Saskatchewan. We got the cherry last year but it sold out in about 3 weeks and wasn't seen again.

GenesisWildCherry
05-03-2016, 03:12 PM
I picked up 12 Vanilla Cokes yesterday. Still waiting for Cherry, too.

sublimecitrus
05-04-2016, 11:11 PM
I picked up 12 Vanilla Cokes yesterday. Still waiting for Cherry, too.

Found Cherry at my local Mac's. First time I've been in there since there was a murder inside of it.

Hopefully Pepsi can give us some vanilla pepsi.

GenesisWildCherry
05-05-2016, 09:53 AM
I seriously can't believe it's this hard to pick up any decent pop in this country. :P Why do you have to be American to get anything good? Life is not fair sometimes.

Aside from that, still haven't found Cherry. And as for Pepsi, I'm losing hope. The best they can give us is Ginger, which nobody asked for,

sublimecitrus
05-06-2016, 09:00 AM
I seriously can't believe it's this hard to pick up any decent pop in this country. :P Why do you have to be American to get anything good? Life is not fair sometimes.

Aside from that, still haven't found Cherry. And as for Pepsi, I'm losing hope. The best they can give us is Ginger, which nobody asked for,

The ginger wouldn't be bad if it weren't so strong. The only thing it's good for is getting tossed in some dark rum.

GenesisWildCherry
05-08-2016, 08:25 AM
Yep, you're right. I re-experienced Ginger and I do like it, but it does burn.