Bevboard

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

For everyone who doesnt know what Passover Coke is- here is a quick rundown that I posted last year:

I am already getting excited for Passover Coke. If anyone doesn't know what it is, it is when Coke starts to produce Coke with REAL sugar instead of HFCS. They do this for the Jewish holiday of Passover, which you are not allowed to eat certain food items such as corn syrup, because of this Coke produces Coca-Cola and Sprite in 2L and sometimes in cans that have real sugar in it. You can tell Passover Coke from Regular Coke because it has yellow caps and has a KP on it or another kosher symbol with a P after it. Passover begins in the beginning of April and they usually start to produce these about 2 weeks before so we have a bout 2 months till you can stock up. They usually only produce them around cities with a fairly large Jewish population but most fairly big cities in the US (New York, Chicago, LA, Miami, etc.) have them.
    Passover this year begins on April 3rd, start looking for it mid March
    ---AzRocks----

Wooohoo!! I've had to ration the remaining cans from last year's stash, there are only about 9 left, and while they are better than HFCS Coke, they aren't nearly as bright in flavor as when they were new. It's too bad they don't make the stuff twice a year.

On that note, I am excited to try the Jones Cream Soda with PCS!! I have been out of the loop lately, and just found the press release about their switch.

I would be so happy if I could find KP Pepsi in the Chicago area.
    I couldn't find any last year,just Coke.

[ 02-05-2007, 09:28 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

Originally posted by Mr Zabe:
    I would be so happy if I could find KP Pepsi in the Chicago area.
    I couldn't find any last year,just Coke.
    You're kidding, right?? The Jewel that you told me to go to that had the motherload of KP Coke cans also had tons of 2L of KP Pepsi... that's where I got all of mine. Did you not get to that store, or did you go too late in the season?

Gee, I may have spaced out the 2ltr Pepsi KP. I remember finding a huge display of Coke KP cans and 2 ltrs btls. I did not check the shelf in the soda pop isle. Granted I was at the store at 3am. My eyes may of been a wee bit sleepy.

I will as I'm sure you will keep posting our KP soda pop findings for the up coming KP season. If I find Pepsi KP I will be oh so happy. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 02-07-2007, 01:58 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

i'm determined to find some this year!!! i must learn what all the hype is about...
    banned

The hype is that Kosher for Passover "KP" by dietary law is sweetened with sugar cain. So once a year for 5 or 6 weeks you can buy Coke and Pepsi products made with sugar cain. For those of us who are not able to find sugar cain soda pop affordable or easily, we get all excited.

Last year I was able to buy 2 case of Coke KP for
    $2.25 a six pack 12 oz cans. [img]smile.gif[/img] Not all stores have KP soda pop. The cans and bottles are marked with KP and usually are located in a display. I usally ask the store manager or look for the Passover section. Last year I called 9 or 10 stores before I found some.

[ 02-07-2007, 11:40 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

It is usually a targeted product, not all stores will carry it (unless it's post-Passover, and the warehouses are looking to clear out the KP stuff).

2 liter Coke will have a yellow cap with Hebrew writing on it. Cans will have KP on the bottom with the production code.

You'll have more success if you look in areas with a higher Jewish population, since that is who this product it targeted towards. I know we sold a bunch of it when I worked in northern NJ.

^ some board members who are more in the know can prolly tell us exactly which bottling plants are packaging it and in what sizes.

I am in Belleville, MI (just between Detroit and Ann Arbor). Is there anyone relatively in the area who could suggest a place for me to look for the Passover pop? Either Pepsi or Coke would be good. I really want to try this, it has quite a buzz around it!