Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hi all, as you might be aware I live in England. I have a collection of Coke cans/bottles.
    It would be great if you guys could help with questions I have?
    Thanks in advance!

__nothing really matters, love is all we need__

Why do european cans have 330ml in them and most other countries are 375ml?

How many countries use the word "Classic" for regular Coke?

I've heard of CokeII (2) is it still available to buy and what did it taste like?

In the UK, you can pretty much buy all available products anywhere,(Cherry 7up being the exception, a very rare sight!) In the US some sodas seem unavailable in some parts, why is this? And does it bug you guys?

In europe all our bottles are mesured in litres, is this the case in the US/Canada?

How many countries have Diet Coke now? Most places have changed to Coca-cola Light. (all europe, except UK etc)

If Coke are pushing the Coca-cola name(ie. Coca-cola Cherry) is the word "Coke" on its way out? But is this wise as most people say "coke" dont they?

We used to have Caffeine Free Coke in the UK, is it still available elsewhere? (We still have CF DietCoke here)

Is Pepsi Max the same as Pepsi One?

In the UK we have DietCoke with Lemon/Cherry/Lime is this still the case with the rest of the world?

Is DrPepper Zero available outside the UK?

Thanks again for any info you can give me!

[ 02-06-2007, 07:49 AM: Message edited by: jobbie ]

__nothing really matters, love is all we need__

Originally posted by jobbie:
    Why do european cans have 330ml in them and most other countries are 375ml?

How many countries use the word "Classic" for regular Coke?

I've heard of CokeII (2) is it still available to buy and what did it taste like?

In the UK, you can pretty much buy all available products anywhere,(Cherry 7up being the exception, a very rare sight!) In the US some sodas seem unavailable in some parts, why is this? And does it bug you guys?

In europe all our bottles are mesured in litres, is this the case in the US/Canada?

How many countries have Diet Coke now? Most places have changed to Coca-cola Light. (all europe, except UK etc)

If Coke are pushing the Coca-cola name(ie. Coca-cola Cherry) is the word "Coke" on its way out? But is this wise as most people say "coke" dont they?

We used to have Caffeine Free Coke in the UK, is it still available elsewhere? (We still have CF DietCoke here)

Is Pepsi Max the same as Pepsi One?

In the UK we have DietCoke with Lemon/Cherry/Lime is this still the case with the rest of the world?

Is DrPepper Zero available outside the UK?

Thanks again for any info you can give me!
    1.- Here in Mexico we have 355 ml cans, 237 ml cans and the Spacio Leve cans (Coca-Cola Company calorie-free drinks line) are 310 ml... and in some cities like Monterrey there's 475 ml cans...

2.- U.S., Canada and Puelto Lico (sorry, Puerto Rico... LOL )

3.- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Coke#Coke_II , and I also have the same doubt about how does it taste like...

5.- In U.S. some bottles are measured in ounces and other in liters (litres) and in Canada I saw that bottles are measured in mililiters and liters...

6.- As far as I remember... India, New Zealand, Scandinavia, and Australia; Israel and Japan have the name "Diet Coca-Cola" right now, but in April the Japanese version will change its name...

7.- It seems that the word "Coke" it's on its way out, but the "Coke side of life" campaign tells the opposite thing... and as you said, people in U.S. mostly mention Coca-Cola as "Coke", just like here, we mostly mention "Coca" instead of Coca-Cola, also the trademark Coke it's very used in Australia and NZ.

8.- Same case, we have Caffeine Free Coca-Cola Light here... but not Caffeine Free Coke...

9.- I wonder also...

10.- We used to have Coca-Cola Citra Light (Coca-Cola Light with Lime) it tasted so good... but unfortunately has been discontinued...

11.- Here in Mex we have only regular Dr. Pepper

Regards! [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 02-06-2007, 09:31 PM: Message edited by: Ram0n C0keah0lic ]

Dr Pepper Zero? We are flying to London Saturday....can't wait to see that....I have never heard of it.

Originally posted by 10*2*4:
    Dr Pepper Zero? We are flying to London Saturday....can't wait to see that....I have never heard of it.
    You don't have to wait to see it ... here's a pìc I found at flickr...

3 - I've heard Coke II had more of a Pepsi-like taste, with more fruitiness than original Coke.

4 - It bugs us if we're devoted to one type of drink and then move, or get hooked on the flavour of one while on vacation. There are a lot of national brands but also a lot more regional brands that sometimes develop loyal followings.

8 - CF Coke is still available in many parts of the US; it is pretty common here in the Southeastern US.

9 - According to Wikipedia Pepsi Max and Pepsi ONE are flavoured differently. Max has used acesulfame potassium which, at launch wasn't approved for use here in the states. When it was approved, they rolled out Pepsi ONE; later it switched to Splenda.

10 - Again I only speak for my region but they seem to be making a big push for Diet Coca-Cola Cherry here. Diet with lime is still around but I don't know how popular it is. I haven't seen the lemon diet in a while.
    ~Tom Servo
    "I'm huge!"

The last place Coke II was available was Micronesia, now it's not even listed on their website. But they do have Coke Zero now. And they call their Coke Classic, too.

It doesn't bug me that brands are regional, I rather enjoy going to different places and seeing different things. It's like if you went to France or Germany or another country - you'd find different things.

Originally posted by 10*2*4:
    Dr Pepper Zero?....I have never heard of it.
    The ownership of Dr Pepper varies from country to country. While C-S owns it in the USA and 8 other (pretty random) countries, in most of the world, including the UK, The Coca-Cola Company owns the product. Thus "Dr Pepper Zero". 7UP is in similar situation, its PepsiCo property everywhere but the USA.

Oddly, while C-S owns Dr Pepper and 7UP in the USA and not its home of the UK, it does not own its own brandname of Cadbury in the USA, having sold its candy business here to Hershey's years ago.

To answer some questions:

Can size varies from counrty to coutnry.

Here is the US the standard in 355ml (12oz)
    In Europe, its 330ml
    In Australia its 375ml
    In Asia (Such as Japan and Korea, it varies from 250ml to 330ml) I even have a standard coke can from Tawain that is 355.
    Puerto Rico is 335 for some reason or another. I would like to know why such a variation though.

Coke II is new coke re named.

With bottles, only the 2 liter is, well 2 liters. A funny little quirk. Every thing else is in Ounces.

[quote]Originally posted by SamC:

Oddly, while C-S owns Dr Pepper and 7UP in the USA and not its home of the UK, it does not own its own brandname of Cadbury in the USA, having sold its candy business here to Hershey's years ago.
    Not to nitpick, but Hershey doesn't own it, per se. Cadbury licenses Hershey to produce and sell Cadbury chocolate products. Similar to Nestle owning Kit Kat, but again, in the US, Hershey owns the license to make and sell it.