Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Everyone knows the story behind the Red Bull launch and how it is one of the greatest beverage launches and marketing stories in history. I recently read the Jagermeister / Sidney Frank story as well (another great one). Does anyone have any other great product launch success stories?

New Coke? LMFAO!
    Previous name - Fufu Leth.

I guess I'm new to this thing and don't understand all the terms. What is LMFAO?

LMFAO = Laugh My Frigin Ass Off

LOL = Laugh Out Lould

PIMP = Pissed In My Pants

IMO = In My Opinion

Welcome to cyber space message board short hand. The above are just a few basic ones.

Thanks for the lingo. I appreciate the help from another Chicagoan

Originally posted by Mr Zabe:

LOL = Laugh Out Lould

IMO = In My Opinion

Welcome to cyber space message board short hand. The above are just a few basic ones.
    in case you haven't noticed, no one but YOU uses these. and as you type LOL, think, are you laughing that much?

what about gatorade, or glaceau? even izze's had banging success in only two years
    woot woot

Well, it's a habit that I developed a long time ago. When I use LOL, it means at that moment I'm enjoying myself. I guess each one of us has different styles.

My grip is posters like yourself who do not capitalize the first letter of the first word of a sentence. Some posters use poor sentence structure ect.

I do not care...it just makes it harder to understand that's all. When I post a message I try my best to use good proper English so that my board mates can understand my thoughts.

Like I said, thats my style, my way of expression. I will respect you and I hope you will respect me. LOL

Diet Coke was probably the biggest launch of the last 50 years. I mean, in one year, it became #3, and is approaching #2. That's pretty impressive.

Obviously, "new" Coke was the biggest mistake.

Originally posted by RunWithDaLilGuy:
    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mr Zabe:

LOL = Laugh Out Lould

IMO = In My Opinion

in case you haven't noticed, no one but YOU uses these. and as you type LOL, think, are you laughing that much?

what about gatorade, or glaceau? even izze's had banging success in only two years
    </font>[/QUOTE]Everyone uses those acronyms. They're standard internet terms.

Some people are nerdier than others.

And while a beverage forum IS pretty nerdy, you gotta remember that many of the people in this forum or either casual beverage enthusiasts or industry professionals.

So they may not know much internet slang.