Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I ended up in the ER with a very sever nose bleed this morning. Long story short,after all the trauma of getting treated, I was thrusting for a Sprite.

I sent my dad to the nearest Coke vending machine for a Sprite. The machine was not loaded properly and he got a 7up new formula in stead of a can of Sprite. LOL I took one sip of the 7up. Even in my state of no smell and no taste, I had my dad dump it into the sink.LOL I hate the new formula 7up. LOL

I ended up getting Mountain Dew which was just fine. LOL My Dad thinks I'm mental.....LOL I know I am. LOL

Have any of you had a simular experience?

[ 02-11-2007, 05:06 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

VERY similar experience! I had just gotten a concussion and was totally out of it and do not remember any of this, but my Mom told me all I would say was, "get me a Dew!" It just goes to show how much a beverage you love can just get into your head!

Yeah....us soda pop freaks must have our A List comfort drinks. IMO Pepsi and MD are my liquid blankets.LOL

[ 02-11-2007, 06:22 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Mr. Zabe,
    I hope you're feeling better! I, too, actually had a recent similar experience, but I was prepared. I had surgery last Monday to remove my gallbladder and I told my husband to make sure we had Sprite at home, as whenever I have any kind of procedure or hospitalization I desperately crave Sprite. Funny, though, I can't really stomach it any other time. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Jack's Mom
    "Life is too important to be taken seriously."

jacksmom,
    Oh my...are you ok? Wow,you must be sore.
    Yes, I was given 7up(old formula) or Sprite as a kid when ever I was sick. LOL I'm just like you,I have to have Sprite!!!!

Please heal fast. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Zabe

Get well soon, MrZ.!

The same happened to me, after my surgery what I wanted so much was a can of Coke... but I couldn't drink or eat anything for 24 hrs... ouch...

Thanks Mr. Zabe! I guess being sick does funny things to people, and I'm sore but doing great, by the way. It was kind of an emergency situation, but I'm mending quickly. I kind of have to, as I'm headed off to Disneyland on Thursday with my hubbie and four kids (great timing [img]smile.gif[/img] for a week of fun! While my kids are busy mapping out the rides they'll go on first, I'm busy mapping out what sodas I'll be enjoying!!!
    Jack's Mom
    "Life is too important to be taken seriously."

Well, When I was younger I remember when I got really sick and was throwing up or something my mom would allways bring me saltines with a nice big cup of sprite with plenty of ice.

I allways feel sprite tastes best when you are sick like that, it just tastes so good. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Yeah,I understand and can relate to this.Never had an injury thank goodness but every dang time I get my teeth cleaned at the dentist afterwards I cannot think of anything else but having a Dew. I know,I know I get them cleaned then I wanna mess them up again.Lol. But I gotta get that taste out of my mouth and that's the only thing that helps.Lol. My boyfriend says I'm addicted to Dew and should have a straight IV in my arm attached to a bottle of it.Lol. I get cranky when I don't have it.Lol.It makes me feel better when i am sick though. Although that might be a mental thing.Lol.Right now drinking caffeine free Dew. It's good but not the same thing.Anybody else have a similar exspierience? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 02-12-2007, 08:51 PM: Message edited by: Splashofdew ]
    Do the Dew!

Yep,I used to get 7up when I was sick too. Although I can't really stand 7up anymore because it makes me think of being sick and vomiting it back up like I did once. Sorry I know that's gross but that's why when I get sick I drink Dew or Sprite.I love Sprite.Sierra Mist don't do it for me either. I hate that stuff.
    Do the Dew!