Bevboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Was looking for something a few nights ago and found these sodas in one of my hiding places.

Here's a full carton of Fusion. I need to drain these cans before they leak and ruin the carton:

Carton of Grapico. I think this is the best drink ever. Nobody can touch it:

Several different 6 packs of Yoo-Hoo:

A couple more 6 packs of Surge, with wrestlers on the cans, and Barq's with the Simpsons on the cans:

16 oz. Mello Yello cans. I had forgotten about meleon and Cherry!

8oz. cans of the same:

10oz. cans of the the Cherry and Melon. I guess these all need to be drained too:

wonkapete,
    Absolutely amazing!!!!!!
    You are for sure a hard core collector.
    Your mellow yellow cans are so cool.

How many cans/bottles do you have in your collection?

Thanks Zabe. I have about 12000 cans and somewhere around 15000 bottles. That's just the containers, which are my favorite. Also, have about 30 coke machines, dozens of signs, clock, etc.

Been collecting since I was 12 yrs old (32 now). It all began when my grandfather passed away, when I was 12. My uncle inherited some of his property. On the property was a small brick building, all grown up with trees and vines. I had asked my mother what it was. She said my grandfather had a store in that building in the 40s and 50s. She believed he closed it up in the late 50s and hadn't open it again. Anyway, my uncle wanted to clean it out and make a hunting camp out of it. We went inside, it had 1 coke machine (round top) inside with 3 chest type coke coolers. Tons of bottles. On the outside of the store were still a few old coke signs, and an old colony sign. Well, my uncle wanted it all cleaned out. He had taken some of the bottles to the supermarket to get money back and they laughed at him. Said they were too old to be returned (10-2-4 dr. peppers, amber orange crush, etc.)

So, he asked me if I wanted them. I was in awe. Never seen any bottles that old. Thought they were the coolest things in the world. So, we loaded up the machines and couple hundred bottles and I've been collecting ever since. Now, I've got 3 houses full of soda stuff. Looking to open a museum one of these days, whenever I can get more property. Sorry for the longwinded response. What about you?

Well, first off..your collection deserves to be shared with the public. Just mind boggling what you have accumulated.

You responses are never longwinded, I am learning so much with each message you post. (Not kissing up, that's just how I feel.)

As for me, I'm not a collector. I enjoy learning about the past and how it effects the present in the soda pop industry.

i gotta get my collection ******. first, that requires hours of patience and, secondly, a digital camera.
    woot woot

Thanks again Zabe.

I just found a few early pictures of my collection. These are pictures of my bedroom from when I was in high school (about 1990). My friends loved to come over and spend the night and just stare at the walls. However, I had a few friends that wouldn't stay because they were afraid of an avalanche!! Which I've lost a few bottles due to those..

This room is still pretty much the same. I locked the door at my parents until I can get some room to move it all. Most of what I get now, sadly gets boxed up. I simply don't have room. Trying to acquire 40 acres from a family behind me now. If they hurry and sell, a museum would go up quickly! ahh. wishful thinking...

Enjoy!

That's pretty damn ridiculous.

And by ridiculous, I mean awesome.

I miss the Simpsons Barqs cans, I wish I had kept one.

In the 16 oz Mello Yello pics, you can see on your bottom shelf the old huge Kaula Cappichino jug bottles that were around in 2002 ish. That bottle was always so awkard to drink out of!

I think they just put it in a regular bottle now.
    Anita

Wow! That stuff has got to be worth a small fortune!

Really cool. So weird how the packaging changed over the years.

It looks like Coca-Cola's has changed the least though. Maybe that's why it's still king.

WOW! Is this your whole collection?