Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Are these two officially done for?

I am starting to run low on my stocks, wonder if i should drink them more sparingly.

AFTERGLOW i absolutely fell in love with... at one point having a minimum of 1 a day for like a month. MELON, i liked it, but could do without easily.

As directly quoted from a consolidated (Georgia) coke distributor in august 2003 when I asked about MY Melon, "We ain't makin' that mess no more"
    Tea Time! It\'s Tea time....<br /><br />Carbonated Tea.

AFTERGLOW is still around in parts of NC. I know you can still get it around Raleigh. It seemed like it wasn't here at all a few months ago but I started to find it a few months ago. I also saw it over the holidays in the western part of the state.

I've never seen it around Durham and Sanford(which has diet Mello Yello 2-liters) both of which I believe are independent from Consolidated.

I really wish they would put it in cans. Melon and Cherry were available in cans, 2-liters and bottles. AFTERGLOW never got that chance. If Coke knew how to market something original like AFTERGLOW and gave it a chance i'm sure it would catch on but Coke only seems able to add citrus fruit flavors to diet coke.

Durham is definately an indie. When I was in their territory earlier this year, they had the Mello Yello line pre-priced at 89 cents for 20oz in Convenience stores. I think they run a bottle line and buy cans from Consolidated. I've seen .5L Mello Yello from them in Consolidated territory in northern WV, as well. Their code is AF. I think Sanford is SN.. but I really know nothing about Sanford.

so it appears that melon is dead, and afterglow is still around possibly as 20 oz's huh

We know that CCE-HO (Indianapolis) and CCE-CV (Cleveland TN) still run Melon MY

We obtained Fridge Packs of Melon in August in Knoxville.

CCE-HO still runs Melon but is not available in the Indy area, although it is still available I believe in the Coca-Cola Louisville area. I will try to drive down on Friday and let everyone know.

From what I've heard, Coke United still runs Melon. As for Afterglow, did anyone but Consolidated ever run it?

Originally posted by teamtitan512:
    From what I've heard, Coke United still runs Melon. As for Afterglow, did anyone but Consolidated ever run it?
    Yep. CCE-CV (Cleveland TN) ran it.

Went to the area served by the Louisville Coca-Cola Bottling Company today and all signs of Melon Mello & Cherry Mello had vanished. There was not a 20oz. or a can to be found. I looked at Kroger, Winn Dixie, Jay C, Biggs, and a bunch of c-stores. I asked a route driver and he told me it was a "summer only product" and neither Indy or Cleveland still produced it. I have also seen quite a bit of it in the Elizabethtown, KY area in 20oz. from United & cans from Huntsville. I did not have the time to make the drive further down to check it out.

[ 01-02-2004, 09:25 PM: Message edited by: bigrich ]