Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hello, I am new to this board and I look forward to discussing soda with everybody. I've been a fanatic since the early 90's when I began noticing that all the flavors I enjoyed as a kid were disappearing here in Central California. I've been up and down this state with not a whole lot of luck. NoCal has been ok at times but Central and SoCal have not turned up anything unusual. I made a trip to Phoenix a few years ago and was floored upon seeing their selection. Many Slice flavors, Mug Creme Soda, 4 or 5 flavors of Minute Maid and 5 Crush flavors including Strawberry, Orange, Grape, Pineapple, and an abundance of Peach Crush. Also a brand called Big K that had some great flavors. Anyway, my 1st question is regarding Canada Dry. When I was a kid my grandmother always had many flavors of it in her fridge. For many years now all I've seen is Ginger Ale. Does anyone know if Canada Dry still makes flavored drinks or are they gone?

Thanks,

"Doc" Cherry

Peach and Cranberry are 2. I believe there are more.
    Whatcha gonna do mama now that the roast beef is gone?

i do believe Fusion said that a honickman pepsi franchise was making them on the east coast, in new jersey i think.
    woot woot

Yes, Honickman's Pepsi/Canada Dry Pennsauken New Jersey franchise makes the C-D flavors.

Island Lime
    Peach (new)
    Pineapple
    Vanilla Cream
    Wild Cherry
    Black Cherry Wishniak

They all used to have their own unique labels (pictures of cherries on the wild cherry, pineapple slices on the pineapple, etc) but when Cadbury shifted all their soda flavors to DPSU, and realigned the UPC codes to the 78000 family, the whole C-D ginger ale and flavor line got a makeover. They all now have that boring crest logo on the front, but the backgrounds are different colors.

Apparently some of the flavors are also made in Canada under the C-Plus moniker.

[ 01-03-2004, 11:30 PM: Message edited by: fusion ]

There was also a lemon ginger ale, but they stopped making that about four years ago. Now all I see is reg/diet/cranberry/diet cranberry.

never seen diet cranberry...

so c-plus isn't minute maid like i suspected, it's canada dry?
    woot woot

These were the Canada Dry products that we could get locally in the 1970's (ignore the Cactus Cooler it came from Texas)

Now the only former CD products to be found are regular/diet/cranberry ginger ale, tahitian treat and the mixers (tonic, soda, wink in 1L/2L.)
    90 years of Cheer...1917-2007

Jamaica cola???What was that supposed to taste like?

"Now the only former CD products to be found are regular/diet/cranberry ginger ale, tahitian treat and the mixers (tonic, soda, wink in 1L/2L.)"

Same here, except I don't think we have the cranberry ginger ale, could be mistaken though.

and Wink and the mixers are only available in 1 liter

The Lemon Ginger Ale was sooooo good. Luckily, it's something that is pretty easy to recreate with regular ginger ale and lemon juice.

Also, I saw a 20oz Peach with the "old" label a month or so ago in Edgemont, PA.