Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sprite Zero

Is Diet Sprite going to get a new sweetener mix when the name changes to Sprite Zero? Also, does anyone know when this is supposed to take place?

I can't imagine Sprite Zero going to Splenda. Coke's tendency is to cheapen their products, not upgrade them.

they'll probably use one of the lesser known brands likes Ace-K or Neotame or some crap...they will probably not even mention what its sweetened with on the main logo (example 100% NutraSweet)....so you will probably have to find it listed in the ingredients section instead.

[ 01-12-2004, 01:04 PM: Message edited by: XLS_04 ]

Coke's been adding Ace-K as a secondary sweetener to its' diet sodas for a year or two now. Diet Vanilla, Diet Cherry, Diet w/ Lemon, Diet w/ Lime, Valencia Orange Light, and Light Lemonade all have Ace-K in them along with aspartame. Diet Coke and CF Diet Coke don't have Ace-K. I don't think Fresca has it, either.

The original news article stated that they might add a secondary sweetener. So I'd assume it would be Ace-K.

Diet Sprite turns 30 this year. I didn't know that.

ben Guest

why are they changing the name if diet sprite annyway

More on the name change:
    According to Dow Jones Newswires, Diet Sprite will be christened with a new name in a couple of weeks: Diet Sprite Zero. Why, you ask? Here's the apparent logic behind the marketing concept: Zero implies an absence of quantity. What do people who are watching their weight look for? Yep, that's right -- an absence of any and all unnecessary calories. That's what you get with a diet drink, and that's what you get with Diet Sprite.

...reenergizing a brand via new packaging and a new title can oftentimes be more effective, both in terms of cost and creativity.

...Diet Sprite Zero has a nifty ring to it; the "Zero" at the end confers an almost quasi-sci-fi connotation to it, if you get what I mean. Maybe it will provide a hip hook that dieting teenagers can latch onto. After all, Coke wants its consumers to be as young as possible so brand loyalty can settle in nicely.
    Full story

I've already seen a billboard for this. The bottle packaging is weird because they run the logo sideways parallel with the bottle's orientation.

I think Diet Sprite already has Ace-K.

Yes, Ace-K was added to Diet Sprite (as well as other diet Coke products, but not Diet Coke itself) at least two years ago, I think. However they have not changed the formula this time around - it's just a change in the name and packaging, and apparently it's actually going to have an ad campaign.

Do you think the Ace-K could be why my 18yr old stepdaughter likes DC w/lemon, w/lime, cherry? I noticed the flavor was not characteristic of plain ol' Diet Coke (in my opinion) and I don't care for more than a 1/2 glass.
    I need to leave my past in the behind. I need to leave my behind in the past. -B52\'s