Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I've read in other posts that people have seen TaB in 20oz. bottles (if not recently). Does anyone have a picture of one of these? Or at least a description of what the bottle looked like? Thanks.

as fusion reported, it was produced by mac of mid atlantic cce, but not anymore.
    woot woot

MAC and Mid Atlantic CCE are separate entities. Mid-Atlantic CCE had Tab in 20 oz.

Yikes. Tab was bottled in 20 oz. sizes? Who in the world needed a twenty ounce serving of carcinogen cola?

Originally posted by Shatter:
    Yikes. Tab was bottled in 20 oz. sizes? Who in the world needed a twenty ounce serving of carcinogen cola?
    Nobody has ever established a link between saccharin and cancer in human beings, that's why the FDA ban never went through and why it had the warining labels removed.

Now back on topic: what did the product look like. I've never seen a TaB in a plastic 20oz. bottle before. I thought it had been pushed to cans only shortly after the diet Coke/NutraSweet craze of the 80's. Any pictures, or at least a description, would be greatly appreciated.

I only saw a 20oz. of Tab once, that was last year. If I remember correctly, it had a white cap. It also had the standard maroon-ish label and logo.

Oh, and the bottle was clear.

Fusion has probably seen a bunch, he'd know more than me.

[ 01-19-2004, 10:04 AM: Message edited by: karks88 ]

THe ones I saw came in a shrink wrapped six pack. Pretty neat looking.

i wonder if mid atlantic would have any outdates lying around the wharehouse. i know that with fridge packs, most of the "repacking" has been turned to cans and not plastic stuff.

coke here isn't allowed to repack stuff at stores anymore, probably due to the fragility of the fridge pack, but they say it's something about codes.
    woot woot

They had a red logo, like the TaB can, and it was on a bolt bottle w/a white cap.

The bolt bottle is Coke's bottle that is used on Mello Yello, Fanta, Minute Maid, and now Seagram's. It used to be used on Cherry Coke as well.

Cool, that's all I wanted to know. I think they should have went with a clear Sprite bottle, which would've been most reminiscent of the old textured glass bottles (well, out of the bottles they currently use). Even the Dr Pepper Angle bottle would've looked better.