Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Soda Tax

Soda Tax

I say...stop feeding your kids junk food. Teach them how to eat healthy. It's the fault of the parents for allowing their kids to overindulge in eating a poor diet.
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

I love this:
    A 12-ounce can of Pepsi contains 150 calories of sugar or high fructose corn syrup -- the equivalent of...a 3.2-ounce reduced-fat ice cream cone at McDonald's
    I wonder how much a regular ice cream cone has?

Ah, they're always looking for a good excuse to implement new taxes, aren't they? It's pretty amazing that taxing a can of soda just one cent would raise $1.5 billion though. *If* they actually spent the money on worthwhile endeavors, I wouldn't care. But what are the odds of that?

Speaking of ice cream, have you ever noticed that on most brands, a serving size is listed as 1/2 cup? Who would only eat 1/2 cup of ice cream? I'd guess that most people eat at the bare minimum, 2 servings. But more often than not, it's probably closer to 4. (2 cups) Edy's Chocolate ice cream has 150 calories in 1/2 cup. Most people are probably consuming 600 calories and over 30 grams of fat when they eat a bowl of ice cream. Unless it's an elaborate flavor like peanut butter cup or something, in which case it's going to be even more.

Maybe obesity in America has more to do with ice cream than soda.

ha i came home the other day after a 16 hour day of stocking soda and sat down to a half tub or 1 quart of Edy's. I would have kept eating it to but decided it wasnt a wise idea. Of course with the amount of work i do im still under the average weight

i don't really have a problem with them taxing snack foods, but...

let's not fool ourselves. it won't reduce obesity. and... congress won't use the money as promised (no matter who's in control).
    banned

Why is it taxes are really no big bother to anyone anymore? I know its a few cents here and there, but I was filling up my car the other day and noticed that there is 40.9 cents federal gas tax, and 19.something for Utah state gas tax. Then I read about the soda tax. Why doesn't anyone revolt anymore like they did in the colonial times? Lets get together in throw some old cases of Vanilla Coke into the Boston Harbor and protest some taxes damit!!!! Hahhahaha, just a little tongue and cheek commentary from the peanut gallery.
    Gummi Cola...the best candy ever. Soda and candy in one hit.

No! Not Vanilla Coke! Let's throw some Pepsi overboard.

Actually, throwing cases of soda into the Boston Harbor would probably be bad for the environment...

most of us don't need an extra reason to dump vanilla coke.
    banned

Kinda makes you wonder..the United States of America was founded to avoid the taxation in Britain.
    If what you did yesterday still looks big, you haven't done much today.