Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Road trip!

Looks like I wasn't the only one to make a road trip recently.

First, I started out in the Carlisle, PA area.. Alas, no Fanta Lemon in cans was to be found anywhere... So I hopped down the road to Shippensburg, where I found..

Carver's ginger ale, in glass, at the Food Lion!

Then I drove for what seemed like forever...Finally stopped in Staunton, Virginia... Where I found (at the Super Wally)

DUBLIN DR PEPPER! I couldn't believe my eyes. I bought 5 6-packs. They also had 20oz CF Diet Dr Pepper and CF Dr Pepper at the gas station that was nearby.

Next, I hit Lexington and Lynchburg.. Between the two I found Fanta fridge packs, Orange/Grape/Strawberry, plus Mello Yello Cherry fridge packs. I ran into a Coke account rep at one of the stores, he told me they were discontinuing Cherry and Melon. I didn't see melon anywhere. I also found Dasani fridge packs and 24oz Dasani 6 packs. They also were selling 18 packs of coke half-liters, which were encased in a angled cardboard box, somewhat similar to the Snapple 12packs.

On the way back, I stopped again and found Sidral Mundet in glass, and 20oz Kuat. I thought the Kuat tasted like a mild apple soda, to be honest.. Not bad, but $1.49 for a 20oz is steep.

Finally, on the advice of the board, I stopped at a Cost Plus.. I picked up Bundaberg, Sprecher Ginger Ale, Frostie Root Beer & Cherry Limeade. I also got some Afri Cola, and I was honestly (and pleasently) suprised to see the bottle cap.. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Holy Cow!!! You're lying about the Dublin Dr Pepper . I've stopped in every town along I-81 between Hagerstown and Roanoke except Staunton and Harrisonburg (or whater ever its called) . Damn, I have no more plans to go that way this year. I had been in several Super Wallys along that route last month.
    You could not have done this trip in one day, did you?
    What did Wally take you for on a six pack?

[ 10-23-2002, 09:46 PM: Message edited by: dr pepperman ]
    ."Have a f***ing beer!" Pete Townshend 12-12-12

Just kidding about you being a liar

[ 10-23-2002, 09:48 PM: Message edited by: dr pepperman ]

Also found along I-81 near Staunton is Nugrape, Dr Wells (as of last year), Coke 8oz glass and the famous Mtn Dew bottled by RC. Plus closer to Roanoke, and maybe Lynchburg, Cheerwine. Also Red Fusion in a fountian at the 7-11 in woodstock, VA.

[ 10-23-2002, 09:54 PM: Message edited by: dr pepperman ]

Fusion, you started out in my hometown! Did you check the Wal Mart for Fanta Lemon? I saw it a few weeks ago, however I haven't checked it out since. Nobody else ever had it around here.

Fanta Lemon spotted in Towanda and Wyalusing Pennsylvania.

Yes, I made the whole trip in a little over 26 hours.

I didn't sleep!

The DP was $3.43 a 6pack. They also had Nascar Coke 6pks for $2.99, I had to grab a Dale Jr. for someone.

That is right where I went.. To the Super Wally in Carlisle. No Fanta Lemon anywhere to be found. Just grape/orange 2L, and grape 12pk. I really want it in cans.

Originally posted by dr pepperman:
    Fanta Lemon spotted in Towanda and Wyalusing Pennsylvania.
    It was in cans when I saw it. Wyalusing is about 45 minutes west of Scranton.

So you found Afri there with a cool cap, eh?? [img]smile.gif[/img] Hmmm, wonder where that came from?

Now at that Cost Plus World Market you may be able to find Moxie in longnecks with cane sugar... very good stuff!!

I'm shocked that Dublin DP could be at any WallyWorld. I really think it's incredible how they keep so many of us from getting it but then sell out to the evil W. Well... I guess sometimes that's how it goes.

And you gotta love any Mountain Dew made by an RC bottler... that's just great!
    Keep in mind that the King Of Pop\'s crown is not made from a bunch of melted aluminum cans!

Ok, made another (smaller) road trip. Didn't turn up too much that was exciting.

First stop, Lancaster PA. Found Pirate's Keg and Southern Swirl at a beer/soda store. Also spotted Moxie and a local bottler's (Kutztown Bottling) soda.

Next I headed up to Towanda/Wyalusing, to find the elusive Fanta Lemon cans. On the way, I stopped quite a bit, but was disappointed with what I found (nothing out of the ordinary). Did get my first taste of Choglit, not too bad.

Had a tough time finding any Fanta Lemon -- at first. Hit a few Kmarts, P&Cs, and a Tops. Then I headed down to Wyalusing, and on the way, stopped at another P&C. Found the Lemon! Woo hoo. It was canned by Mid Atlantic Canners. I don't think any of their other customers in this area got into the whole Fanta thing, that is why I never saw the cans anywhere else. This territory is CCE territory, most of the stuff was coming from production plant "RC"

I actually crossed over into NY for a hot minute, and spotted Canada Dry and Dr Pepper bottled by CCE.. in angle bottles... also from "RC". Coke didn't have Pepper south of there.

But there was also no Pibb Xtra to be found anywhere on my trip. It was getting late, and funds were low, so I didn't make any stops on the trip back down.

Also, I saw lots of Mello Yello in the C-stores. 79 cent retails for 20oz.. I guess it's new up that way?