Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Haven't heard it discussed much ... what do people think of it and how is it doing in the market? I drank it sometimes, not really for any other reason than the chutzpuh value. I did like their "Cherry Bomb" flavor, but never tried any of the others.

I noticed that Quik Trips in the Atlanta area stopped carrying them, so I started wondering about their business.

Comments?
    I like new, weird colas

I've tried almost all of the flavors with the exception of the clear grape flavor, and i'd say that they were pretty good, not great. Cherry Bomb and Electric Blue are the best, the orange flavored one and Red Eye are in the middle, and Citrus Climax and regular Jolt are at the bottom end of the scale. Citrus Climax seems pretty bland to me, and Jolt just tastes too acrid. It needs the cherry flavor to mellow it out. And one thing that I really, really don't like about the Jolt line is that they're barely carbonated. I want a soda to have a good fizzy kick to it! And it would be nice to have all the flavors in glass bottles, but that probably won't happen.

I've only ever tried the regular Jolt Cola, but I found it to be very watered down and it didn't have much of a taste. I didn't even get much of a buzz from it.

I'd love it if they gave me the brand/ rights to all Jolt products for my birthday and let me have it for five years; then bought it back from me after five years of my doing what I think should be done with it for the difference between what it's worth today and what it's worth five years from now. I think Jolt is pretty good stuff but I think they've made some mistakes over the years which have cost them. In some cases, hanging with oversized unmotivated beer distributors has been the problem. Other times it has been thrown around like musical chairs. And still other times I think they have let bad decisions cost them money and market share; the result of this is that they don't have quite the innovation they used to have. But the product and its original makings are to be complimented; it is good stuff.
    Keep in mind that the King Of Pop\'s crown is not made from a bunch of melted aluminum cans!

Their biggest mistake was to originally market it with real sugar, then switch to the nasty high fructose. If I want corn sweetner, I might as well swill the big three.

Like I say, I've got lots of ideas to resurrect the brand but they need to be followed. Your comment is right along the lines of what I believe as well. I still think it was great of Jolt to do that in-your-face thing to the big guys. I also have the utmost respect for the inventors of Black Lemonade and Brain Wash. They along with Jolt were the predecessors to the energy and herbal drinks. In my opinion, it was their energy that the other folks copied to make a lot of what you see today.
    Keep in mind that the King Of Pop\'s crown is not made from a bunch of melted aluminum cans!

Jolt ahh yes its all good exept lightining. Ugg. They really are the little guy that Jones tries so hard to imitate.
    <b>Hey Pepsi, Shasta called, they want their lemon-lime back.</b>

I really had no idea Wet Planet beverages was so diversified.. They have Pirate's Keg, an alcoholic water, plus Martinelli's apple juice/cider, among other things.

They need to advertise, let people know that they're still around. A couple of months ago I went into work with a Jolt Electric Blue, and my boss said "Are they still around? I didn't know that!" I'm sure a lot of people think that way.

Ive found Jolt many locations in Texas, and even New Mexico. TA truck stops carry Regular Jolt Cola Bottles for 1.00 and 2 Flavors of Jolt Gum, I found these in Sonora Texas, Fort Stockton Texas, and Artesia New Mexico.

Jolt Elsewhere, Cans at Albertsons, which South Texas no longer has, Bottles at Planet K, in Austin and San Antonio, and Cans at some of the larger HEB stores.