Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Does anyone know where the source of DASANI bottled water by coca cola come from,
    surely not the standard public water system,
    not when you can buy mountain spring filtered water cheaper.

Dasani comes from many different places. Yes, it is municipal water, but ran through a multi-step process (including reverse osmosis) to remove all impurities. Next, a small amount of minerals is added back into the water for a taste that is consistent across the country.

CCE and the other bottlers have been adding lines to many existing production facilities to produce Dasani. Here are the facilities I know of:

II = Washington, PA (Pittsburgh area). Dedicated facility. Produces bellybanded multipacks and loose bottles.

KM = Maspeth, Queens, New York. Produces shrinkwrapped multipacks.

RM = Richmond, Virginia. Produces fridgepacks, shrinkwrapped multipacks, and 20oz.

PH = Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. 20oz only.

SY = Charlotte, North Carolina. Produces various bellybanded and loose packages, plus fridgepacks.

In France, Dasani is going to be a mineral water. Coke recently bought the Chaudfontaine brand and its' source in Belgium. Elsewhere I think it is a purified water, though.

Spring water can be questionable. Poland Spring has been under some scrutiny lately for not being true spring water.

Coke has positioned Dasani as a mid-price brand, above the lower priced spring water brands, but below the premium brands (like Evian).

Thanks for that, its the information I was after, unfortunately after discovering this, it is not the source of water I want to consume, not just because of where it comes from but its also a taste issue, Here in England we have such a wide choice of reputable companies supplying quality sourced water at good prices, that I do find it hard to see how such a reprocessed type of water will do against its competitors.

Alot of people have complained about the taste of Disani water.

If I am going to drink a bottled water, I only go with Dasani because it is truly refreshing. Aquafina has a terrible taste and most other bottled waters taste like nothing more than tap water. Dasani has a very quenching flavour.
    Give Me My PiBB!<br />--<br /> - Clarke

Blimy Whattheworldneedsnowpibb You gotta be working for that company or you got shares, your reply is so like an advert for that processed water, if you gotta choice to drink spring water, or water that has been shat or pissed in no matter how processed and you choose the latter, it don't seem normal.

I think the water is a disgusting tasting an overpriced failure of a drink. Spring water is pretty good though. I even like tap water better than Coke's overpriced crap.
    <a href=\"http://www.cheerwine.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.cheerwine.com</a>

Price wise I prefer the 79 cent store brand jug, but Dasani does taste refreshing.
    Whatcha gonna do mama now that the roast beef is gone?

I will agree. It must be the addition of the minerals, including a small pinch of salt (says sodium added right on the bottle). It takes away the tap water taste highly consistent with Aquafina and Aberfoyle, to name 2.

WELL shiver me timbers, I am not gonna tell you I told you so on the 18th feb this year but,"I TOLD YOU SO".I said Its not going to catch on.
    Since my last reply Dasani by coca cola has been slated in the National press for being just tap water purified,(the british expected a quality water from a quality name, we mostly drink spring), Trading Standards investigated them, then this week it has all been recalled as theres too much chemicals in it after it was branded as pure, oh and it tastes crap.