Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

3 out of 5 stars.

It's not my fave, but I won't turn down an ice cold bottle.

My name is Assclown and I'll see you at the soda cooler!

Harpers Ferry, West Virginia/ Frederick, Maryland

I didn't like it too much at first. After I had a few though I thought it was great. One of my favorite.

I've got a big ol' bottle of Briar's Orange Cream in the back of my fridge, just waiting for me to get around to it. I hope it's better than what you guys have said about it.

The big old bottle is different that the 12 oz bottle. The monsters use pure cane sugar and are much better-- in my opinion-- although the little is good too!

Good! I need to get around to trying it soon. I've got some other stuff in line ahead of it, like Southern Swirl Peach Lemonade and Sioux City Sarsaparilla. But i'll drink it soon.

The Orange Cream in the large bottle does taste different than the stuff in the small bottles. The large one is very sweet (lots of sugar!) and has a more traditional Orange Cream taste. The stuff in the smaler bottles kind of has this mild orange juice taste to it. Both are very good. You need to try the Briars Lemonade Swirl soda. That stuff is fantastic. I think they have renamed it lemonade cream.

[ 11-04-2002, 10:21 AM: Message edited by: BottleBoss ]

I finally got off my lazy butt and drank my bottle of Briar's Orange Cream last night. There was one thing that kind of killed it for me; it was totally flat! Their other stuff like Red Birch Beer had fizz. Was it supposed to be like that, or did I just have a bad bottle?

Sounds like you had a bad bottle. When I had it it was as carbonated as all the rest of the flavors.

I've not tried the Briar's Orange Cream, but the best one still has to be Stewart's. Moxie, Henry Weinhard's, Sprecher, and Blue Sky's Orange Creams were not as good.
    Life is too short to drink crummy sodas...

I have been drinking alot of Briars lately, only with the cane sugar. The Red Birch Beer is the best of the flavors.