Bevboard

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posted from another board:

I just phoned the Coca-Cola company asking when the kosher for Passover Coke would be released. They said around end of March. (Passover begins April 5th.)
    Back up the truck, folks!

Also, I asked where I could get this stuff year round, and I was given the 800 number for the closest distributor to me (Oakland). I'll keep y'alls posted on the upshot of that.

Rejoice!

I saw an update on upcoming brand releases and marketing events.. Kosher is due to be released the week of the 15th in our area.

I'm counting the Days as well.This is one of my favorite times of year for coke. I drink very little soda and glass or passover coke is one of the few times I will break myself and have one, cause the rest of the year is crap and platic is not worth my time to have that vile after taste.
    I also find around a mid June sell by date tends to be what is on sugar coke. So stock up now for those summer BBQ's. lord knows I will.Now I just need to find Glass with sugar at the same time, without having to either go on a hella road trip or pay the 300% more then you would buy a six pack in the store by the time you get some fool to ship something.Pepsi seems to limit alot more of what can be found in sugar in Upstate, NY.1 rep had told me they don't even make it.The members of this board had proof otherwise.Reps will say anything to get you off there line if they don't know.LOL.Ok all I need now is The Undertaker(old school version ) and Austin in my corner cause this is turning into a promo so I'm gonna chill now.LOL. Later.

[ 02-26-2004, 10:25 AM: Message edited by: SplitLevelP ]
    Drink soda in Glass Bottles,the way the little guy lays the smackdown on big 2\'s plasta-paradise.

fusion - any idea on which plants will be producing? i seem to recall that plant KE produced last year. isn't that elmsford, ny?

wasn't there also kosher sprite?
    woot woot

KE usually produces it. There is a huge Jewish population in the NYC metro area.

They usually produce Coke, Sprite, Seagram's Ale, and Diet Coke. I guess the last one is just produced using the Kosher-ized equipment. They've also produced Kosher Seagram's Selter before.

I remember one year they decided to do 1L instead of 2L. That pissed off soooo many people (because of the higher retail price per bottle), they never did it again.

Kosher cans are also produced.

I think Alexandria VA (AX) may also produce Kosher. I'll let you know in a few weeks when we get it in. They are the primary 1L/2L production facility for CCE's territories in northern VA, southern DE, and southern PA (even though they are now in the EGL division, they still get most of their product from the Mid-atlantic).

All the money Coke and Pepsi make you would think they would just make a quality product and always use Pure Cane Sugar. It's the least they can do.

Someone explain to me why the Pure Cane Sugar makes it kosher? Ive sold beverages before with HFCS, and it still has the Kosher approval. Is the Cane Sugar just something that makes it more Kosher or what?

I also would like an answer to that question...

anyone....

anyone....
    Life\'s a Party... Quench It...

OU is not the same as Kosher for Passover. I'm not Jewish, and I honestly don't know the ins and outs of the whole thing.

Kosher for Passover Coke has yellow caps with Hebrew writing on them.

The machines are kosherized (I assume a rabbi visits the facility?) before the soda is produced. regular sodas are made with sugar, not hfcs. diet sodas keep their same sweetener.