Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Imported sodas

Mexican sodas can be found in almost every Mexican store around, but I haven't seen anything from any other countries, locally. I did get a ton of stuff when I went to Jungle Jim's, but I live too far away to make that trip again.

Has anyone had any luck with finding imported soda anywhere else? Asian grocery stores? Indian stores? Anywhere else?

I do remember going to an international food store in northern New Jersey, and they had a limited selection of stuff. Most of it was produced in the US, though. I did get some Antarctica from Brazil, and some odd looking coffees and an apple soda in cans from China and Japan.

There is a Korean supermarket near Tysons Corner in Virginia that has a few good drinks. My wife and I bought some Mandarin Orange Juice in small cans that was exceptional. They also had a grape juice made the same way. Not carbonated. Real juice. No other sodas though.
    THUS SAITH THE KANKING: If it's not in an Aluminum can, It should go in the garbage can!

Not much...
    Some of the Ukrops stores around Richmond/Petersburg carry Ting (Pepsi-Jamaica.)

The local latino grocers run by non-Mexicans have a few different brands that the Mexigrocers don't usually carry, like Ambassador and Guarana Antarctica (Pepsi-Puerto Rico.)

Most of the drinks I've seen in the Asian grocers are the non-carbonated variety, mainly juices and cold coffee drinks. Grass jelly, now there's one to try.
    90 years of Cheer...1917-2007

Giant-Landover carries Ting as well, along with a few other brands that aren't carried other places.

That was also the first place I found The Switch.

Well, I took the plunge and visited an Asian store near one of the stores I work at on an infrequent basis.

Along with the usual 30+ varieties of tea, some odd looking aloe stuff, was a bunch of stuff from the Lotte Chilsung Beverage company in Korea (they are also a Pepsi and Del Monte bottler).

The various flavors were packed in 8.4 ounce slim cans. I found a few skim milk based drinks, one was orange, another was strawberry. They also produce a product called Chilsung Cider, which is a lemon-lime soda. I also found some canned coffee, and a mandarain orange drink from Hapi. I found a mention of the Hapi on a site from Saint Louis MO.. they talked about a place called Jay International Foods (3172 S Grand Blvd, if anyone is near there).

I also saw the juices that KanKing mentioned in a Giant-Landover store today.

New Zealand has good Coke too. I had some awhile ago, and they still use sugar there.

I don't think there in glass but they do have 600mL bottles. Which is slightly bigger than a 20oz bottle.

I recently checked out a new grocery store that opened up not too far from me, and once I got inside I realised that it was a Korean supermarket. It's very hard to know what you're buying when you don't read the language the stuff's printed in. But I did pick up a couple different flavors of Ramune from Japan. I'd like to go back when I have more money, they had some interesting stuff there. Like drinks made with lychee.

Here's a new one on me. Found this at a big international grocery store in northern Delaware.

I've picked up quite a few flavors that I offer online..

Germany:
    Afri-Cola
    Possmann apple Sodas

France:
    San Pellegrino orange (aranciata) and lemon (limonata)
    Orangina

Slovenia:
    Jupi orange
    Cockta cola

Peru:
    Inca Kola

Australia:
    Bundaberg Ginger beer

Africa: (all w/cane sugar)
    Fanta orange
    Coke
    Fanta fruit Cocktail
    Sprite

Thailand:
    Fanta green jelly
    Fanta Black Currant
    Fanta Orange

Japanese Ramune:
    orange
    raspberry
    lychee
    melon
    hello kitty
    lemonade
    cream soda
    strawberry

India:
    Fanta orange
    Thums Up
    Limca

Philippines:
    Royal Tru orange
    Sarsi

and of course the hispanic products:
    Jarrito's Fruit punch, strawberry, pineapple, guava, watermelon, grapefruit, lemon, lemon-lime, mandarin, jamaica, tamarind
    barrilito's pineapple
    Sidral apple
    sidral green apple
    Manzana
    Tropical
    Crush orange
    Fanta Orange
    Senorial Sangria
    Mirinda
    Fresca

Mexi-Coke
    Mexi-Pepsi
    Mexi Sprite

I live in a Polish/Hispanic neighborhood here in the city, so our local supermarket offers quite a bit of interesting stuff. A couple of the standouts include Fanta Pomaranczowa (Polish Fanta Orange), Fanta Lemonic (Polish Fanta Lemon), and Sidral Mundet (sort of a Mexican apple flavored soda[/url]