Bevboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Pepsi gained .4% market share, while Coke and Cadbury both lost share (.3% and .7%) last year.

Sierra Mist is now the #9 brand in the country. Diet Dr Pepper was kicked out of the top 10, 7Up fell to #10 from #8, and its' spot was taken over by CF Diet Coke.

Pepsi gained ground on Coke in 2003

and, for comparison, 2002's numbers (a pdf file).

Top 10 carbonated soft drink companies and brands for 2002

Good for Pepsi. After reading the new book about Coke I now somewhat dislike the company.
    Whatcha gonna do mama now that the roast beef is gone?

Good for Pepsi.. Sierra Mist is my fave of the three big lemon-limes (mist/sprite/7up), and everyone around here seems to like to bash it.

It's amazing how big the market share for Coca-Cola is, in terms of just the coca-cola sode.. Coke + Diet Coke + CF Diet Coke is a HUGE frigging slice of the soda pie.

Mt Dew is amazing, suprised its only at 6%...

Does anyone know the amount of consumption of Coke and Pepsi over the last 5 years in the USA.
    I wonder how much bottled water and energy drinks have taken away from the big 2.

Sierra Mist is great. My fav. of the three. I am sure items like Red Bull, Rock Star, etc. have taken away a good amount of volume from Coke and Pepsi. But in overall percentage of their sales, maybe a couple percent, but that is huge. Pepsi has some players in the energy drink market, and Aquafina, which is the #1 water, followed by Desani. Both of which are filtered local water. But Red Bull states their are not a thirst quencher, but a funcional drink. But whatever, take out Red Bull, Rockstar etc., you could probably add an additional 1.5 million cases anualy to Coke and Pepsi (Domesticaly)

Bottled water consumption was 21.1 gallons per person in 2002, compared to 54 gallons of soft drinks, 22.6 of beer, 22.6 of milk, and 21.9 of coffee.

in 2002, Aquafina was the #1 brand, with a 10% market share. AFAIK, they are still #1. Coke was #2 with 8.5%. Coke grew their numbers 40% in 2002. I guess it grew about the same in 2003, and they are looking for 40%-50% in 2004, with all the new packages adding to the growth.

All combined, Nestle's brands in the US (Poland Spring, Deer Park, Zephyrhills, Ozarka, and so on) have a third of the market.

Colas have been on a slide for years. Coke and Pepsi were smart to get into the water business and run like hell with it. I would say the companies are growing because of the growth in water sales, not hurting from it.

What I see in these numbers is PepsiCo was smart to presure its bottlers to dump 7-UP for SM. They have grown, not really at KO's expense, but just because of Mist taking over 7-UP slots.

The question for the future is will C-S retaliate by taking Dr Pepper in house? I would.

Yeah you'd think to secure longterm growth DPSU would take more products in-house. I remember hearing last year that they are trying to improve their system.

I am a little surprised that Sierra Mist cracked the top 10. It's not a bad drink, aside from Livewire it's about the only Pepsi product I will buy.

i like sierra mist as well. i'm not a huge lemon lime drinker but i will grab one once in a while.
    woot woot

I'm sticking to my original story I like old 7up better.However I do like mist.with the exception being the original release from KFC with they will say was no different tastes less lemon then the version that replaced 7up on the store racks.that version tastes like monkey crap.
    Drink soda in Glass Bottles,the way the little guy lays the smackdown on big 2\'s plasta-paradise.