Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I saw this in the grocery store on Friday and I thought to myself "It tastes so bad, they're giving it away for free!" and yet, I still didn't want any.

No, seriously, what do you think of it? It doesn't work nearly as well as DSZ and it doesn't really show it's diet. In fact, when I did see it, there was someone actually looking for Diet Sierra Mist (amidst my mutterings of "sprite's better"). I was picking up chips on the opposite side of the aisle and he looked so confused! He actually had to call his wife over to help him (and I don't know if they ended up getting it, I was already on my way).
    Give Me My PiBB!<br />--<br /> - Clarke

I haven't seen this yet.

yah i had no clue they were doing this...

I noticed this last night too, sounds like a cheap diet Sprite Zero rip off.

Caffeine Free, Calorie Free, Carb Free.... Sprite's version 0 caffine 0 calories 0 carbohydrates.

How can it be a knock off if it's just a renamed drink... just like Sprite Zero?

It seems that both companies are trying to drop the "diet" tag. Overseas Diet Coke is known as Coca-Cola Light and Fanta also has a light version. Pepsi Max doesn't contain sugar but enjoys popularity among young males who generally don't drink "diet" soft drinks.

The problem I see with the name Sierra Mist Free is that many people won't know what it means. It's the reason Pepsi eventually renamed Pepsi Free to Caffeine Free Pepsi.

As clunky as Diet Sprite Zero sounds (it's simply called Sprite Zero internationally) people hopefully will understand what it is. Although I remember a Coke guy once saying how people still ask where the caffeine free Sprite is.

The fact is American consumers are often not too savvy. Ambiguous brands don't tend to do well. Just look at how the mid-cals are doing.

Personally I think Pepsi would have been better off with "Sugar Free Sierra Mist". After all it works with energy drinks and that is mostly younger people who the big 2 are trying to go after with the lemon-limes.

"Sugar Free Sierra Mist (even though it never had sugar in the first place...it was HFCS!)" could be the perfect name!
    Give Me My PiBB!<br />--<br /> - Clarke

Article at www.bevnet.com
    Whatcha gonna do mama now that the roast beef is gone?

Sierra Mist free? Sounds like the fitting price for it.

Here we go again, with Pepsi avoiding original ideas. Just when they seemed to be starting a trend of making new products (Pitch Black, Holiday Spice), they're reverting back to typical Pepsi.

The market leader says "diet colas are to be put in pastel cans" (Tab pink). The imitator imitates (Diet Pepsi baby blue).

The market leader says "diet colas are to be put in reverse color cans (original Diet Coke white and red). The imitator imitates.

The market leader says "diet lemon-lime is to be called "DIET whatever" but "Whatever something" (Diet Sprite becomes Sprite Zero), the imitator imitates.