Bevboard

Thread: How many

people on here actually work in the pop business and what are your job titles and where do you work. I am a merchandiser and have been for 5 years for ABC and am hopefully moving to sales very soon. I was just curious what everyone else does.

hey kzoo, do you work for 7up for a fourth house, like CD of east lansing? i go to mich state/ just wondering. i work in a miller house.
    woot woot

I've been in the biz for almost six years, merchandising. Two divisions of CCE, and once for Philadelphia Coke.

I am curious about this ABC setup. Could someone clue me in a little?

And it looks like that "RC Nehi Co" of Delaware is gone. Their shelf space has been taken over in every Food Lion I went into yesterday. Is there money to be made in being 4th tier? I think they were buying their Hires/Crush/etc from Polar and reselling it.

I'm also an merchaiser I've been merchasing for an year so far I was a warehouse worker before that finally got out of warehouse dept went on to merchaising trying to move on up to salesman too!

[ 01-02-2003, 08:32 PM: Message edited by: cceMerchasier007 ]
    jjjlong007

I've been doing this for almost 8 years. I started loading for Pepsi. then I went to Warehouse manager, then bulk driver. Then Pepsi screwed me over so I quit. I went to a independent distrubator, who handled ABC products for the summer then moved on to college. When I graduated I went back to delivering and selling for the independent company again
    until my old boss went out of business. My new boss hired me to run the the whole thing so thats what I do. I make all the promotions, programs, deals, and have alot to do with deciding on when to take on a new product. So far in the last 2 years We've almost doubled our volume and I plan on doing it again this year. Goes to show what a 23 year old with spiked hair and earrings can do when there's a little motivation behind him.

Aw S@#$ I don't know how to spell!! I meant merchandiser!! Now I gotta go change my profile name!! I'm an idiot!!! Thanks for bringin this to my attention!!!Aw Man! [img]redface.gif[/img]
    jjjlong007

I am an iced tea marketer. I started researching the business about one year ago and I'm finally ready to do a 3000 case run with a reputable bottler. It is a brewed, white-tea product (white tea is one of the rarest teas in the world and research shows it has the highest level of antioxidants of any tea including green). It's a light flavor that probably won't do well in the south (we're a health play anyway) but it has no grassy undertones and it really is quite refreshing with a hint of fresh ginger and fructose powder. It's finish gives off the sweetest 30-calorie-per-serving taste I've ever had. It's in a stippled 16-oz glass bottle and will retail for $2.00. (12 pack tray)

Anyway, taking the jump(with the help of a few investors) on 3000 cases. None are presold. Yipes!

Any help or guidance from this esteemed board would be much appreciated as we get rolling.

Inko
    Ubiquity: Thy name is Inko.

I used to be in the business, I worked for Pepsi in the Detroit Market Unit, but left for Medical Sales. I am currently looking to get back into the industry so that is why I am looking on this board to hopefully find contact names and numbers to assist me in the transition.

When I was in the business I was a very dominant saleman, I cleaned house, won many awards, but I got impatient with myself and got out. Hopefully I will get back into the industry soon, everything else to me is boring and tired

I used to be in the business, I worked for Pepsi in the Detroit Market Unit, but left for Medical Sales. I am currently looking to get back into the industry so that is why I am looking on this board to hopefully find contact names and numbers to assist me in the transition.

When I was in the business I was a very dominant saleman, I cleaned house, won many awards, but I got impatient with myself and got out. Hopefully I will get back into the industry soon, everything else to me is boring and tired