Bevboard

Hey ya'all ever wonder why they're taking out the regular 12 packs? Out here in Tenn they're and we're having to tape them back together after they rip! they rip so easy!!! The plant we them from tapes 2 fridge packs together and that makes a case and I have to take a knife and run it between them to make a clean cut without ripping the fridgepack! I can't do that because it'll take hours and hours!!! The backroom of all my stores on my route are getting full of damaged 12oz cans!! because 5 out of 10 fridgepacks that I pick up rips and lets out all the cans!! Who can I talk with to fix this promblem which I think they're going cheap buying cheap kind of cardboard!!!! Any ideas???
    jjjlong007

Although I luv the new look of fridgepacks i have to agree their seems to be alot of them that rip. I cant figure out why, the cardboard doesnt seem any thinner than the old "lunchbox" style ones. Makes me curious.
    <b>Hey Pepsi, Shasta called, they want their lemon-lime back.</b>

It might be because its 6 cans along side each other under the carry handle, were before it was 3 cans under the carry handle.

We don't have the fridge packs here yet, but they are alot easier to stock and take up less space.

The rips I have seen at the stores here in Delaware, as well as from the fridge packs I have brought back from Virgina have been at the perforations around the end you tear off.

You'd think they'd have that problem solved by now. Fridge packs have been out for 3-4 years.

They aren't really easier to stock, from what I have been told by other merchandisers.

However, the presentation is much better, and you have more flexibility with stocking them versus a traditional pack.

I can't believe they are actually taping them together. We stopped doing that years ago. It just wastes so much time when you have to cut them back apart.. and many guys would just rip them, and that looked even worse.

dp they tape them together to make a full case, like, say instead of a cardboard flat?

i notice that several years ago, miller got rid of cardboard flats for all but 6pack cans. coors still puts cardboard flats on all of their product, even 24pk cans! not 18pks though.

i even see the storebrands that do this, they will have one of thise 5 for 5 displays and a giant pile of those flats in the aisle that have been discarded from customers who need to fatten up cheaply.

i figured that pop companies just send twelve packs loose, and didn't bother taping them or anything. faygo wraps their cases in plastic like their 24oz. that seems to be one of the better ideas i've seen around.
    woot woot

RC Winchester still puts their 12 packs in flats, I don't think any other big bottlers still do that. Though you are right, some of the private label 12 packs come in flats. Seems like a real waste to me. Others wrap 2 12 packs together with plastic. And lastly, Canada Dry in the DC area tapes their 12 packs.

It all seems foolish. A waste of tape, cardboard, or plastic. Just stack the damn things on a pallet and shrink wrap them!

Yeah I wish I could Stack all of them on a pallet and shrink wrap em and send em back!! The customers/Owners of the stores I work say they wish they still had regular 12 packs because of the mess the fridge packs leave!!! They tape them together to make a full case which really pisses me off because it makes me stay out at the store even longer cutting them up at some stores I just pull em apart because I don't have the time to fool around with them and they look like crap with the tape hanging off them!!!Any idea who I need to call to get them to stop taping them together!!!

[ 01-02-2003, 04:03 PM: Message edited by: cceMerchasier007 ]
    jjjlong007