Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I stopped at a Convenience Store near Henderson Texas on Friday and I saw Red Fusion 2 for $1.00. I grabbed two and headed for the counter. When I commented on the good price, the clerk said, "I can do better" and pointed to a pad of "$.50 cents off Red Fusion" coupons on the freezer case. He told me to grab two of them. In shock I realized I was getting my drinks for free. He went on to elaborate that Red Fusion was selling horribly and that Dr.Pepper now just wanted to get rid of the remaining stock. Is this true?

The coupons have been around since it came out. Where I work the kids love the stuff.
    ."Have a f***ing beer!" Pete Townshend 12-12-12

It may be doing bad, but I doubt that has anything to do with the price you paid.

DPSU has a history of putting coupons on packages and in those sticky pad things on cooler doors. They did it with DNL, Red Fusion, and so on. they coupon a hell of a lot more than the big two do. Dr Pepperman has talked before about getting 12 packs for really cheap after using the on package coupons. I never pay more than 90 cents or a dollar for a 12 pack of DPSU products. Sale price, $1.99, and there is usually a 50 or 65 cent on pack coupon. I just collect a few from damaged 12 packs in the backroom of the store, and I'm on my way.

The coupons come from DPSU corporate, and are redeemed by them. The 2/$1 sale was probably the local bottlers' promotion. I saw DNL for 2/$1 at a Super Wally a few weeks ago.

But I haven't seen any numbers for Red Fusion, so I really don't know how it is doing. I've seen it in 20oz, 12 pack, 2 liter, and 24 pack. I was hoping the Pepsi bottlers here that have it would come out with 24oz, but no luck.

I doubt it is getting killed yet no matter how bad it may be doing. I would like to see those numbers. It doesnt seem to be flying around here but its not a total bomb like Pepsi Blue.
    <b>Hey Pepsi, Shasta called, they want their lemon-lime back.</b>

Speaking of Pepsi Blue I was talking to a store owner this week and he always does some kind of special for the month. Just so happen his last month was buy a 8in. hot stuff pizza and get a Pepsi Blue 20oz. FREE. He was doing this so he could get rid of the first load Pepsi brought him. Anyway he said that he had many people that wouldn't even take one even though it was FREE. Speaking of poor products does anyone know how the Aquaessentials and Dole smoothies are doing. They seem to be in the same boat with Pepsi Blue around here.

Hey there Fizzman, Yeah I have heard similar stories. I don't mind those Aquafina Essentials too much though you arnt gonna see them in my fridge and those Dole smoothies are just rank. Anyho I would venture to say this hasnt been a good year in the Pepsi introductions department. A big departure it seems from their usual deal of introducing and inferior product and people buying it like hot cakes. Maybe the world is smartening up? Nah I'll belive it when I see everybody '"Being Free" and Drinking RC'
    <b>Hey Pepsi, Shasta called, they want their lemon-lime back.</b>

Aquafina Essentials are just plain disgusting. Dole Smoothies, Pepsi Blue, Mr. Green.. what's next?

Diet Red Fusion in spring

Red Fusion 2L for 49c in my local Kroger.

I like Red Fusion, and buy some every so often. I hope it stays around.