Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PEPSI IZZE Deal

Acting on the assumption that rumors tend to be true in this business, what do you guys think of the deal between Pepsi and IZZE?

Smart on Pepsi's move - more drinks for them to sell to schools. I could see them merging Izze with Sobe.

drinks that are more upmarket seem to be popping up all over the place lately.
    thanks in part to the insane popularity of wild oats and whole foods.

This is a genious part on Pepsi, as they continously gain more space in more upscale markets with this drink.

I just wonder where dole sparklers fits in now...

Anyone know if Izze's hot filled?

Originally posted by fusion:
    Smart on Pepsi's move - more drinks for them to sell to schools. I could see them merging Izze with Sobe.
    I was talking to some Gatorade guys at the Pepsico booth at the NACS and they say that Pepsico is going to do a major downsize of SOBE brands. The line just isn't as hot as it used to be. Perhaps people are catching on that no matter how much you tout your nutraceutical ingredients when you combine them with as much sugar as a regular soda it isn't good for you.
    Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!

[/qb][/QUOTE]I was talking to some Gatorade guys at the Pepsico booth at the NACS and they say that Pepsico is going to do a major downsize of SOBE brands. The line just isn't as hot as it used to be. Perhaps people are catching on that no matter how much you tout your nutraceutical ingredients when you combine them with as much sugar as a regular soda it isn't good for you. [/QB][/QUOTE]

maybe people realize that not everything pepsi touches turns to gold? hmmmmmmmmmmm...

btw, pepsi's gonna bomb on this one.

yeah i dont really get this move - pepsi needs to push more water, tea, and coffee products - thats where they are the shiznet
    Vault Sucks, Do The Dew

I think it depends on the overall gameplan. What if its an education only move? It has been a major struggle to find products that meet the strict criteria put into place by school districts across the country. I don't know that Pepsi would even try to get this into the mainstream.

I've been told we are going to be getting the Izze in our warehouse next week and we're not a Pepsi distributor. We carry primarily Cadbury-Schweppes products. Strange?