Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coke in glass

I stopped off at Citgo on my way home from work to grab a beverage today. I noticed they were selling Coke and Coke Zero in 11.8 ounce glass bottles! I grabbed a couple Cokes. (It's real tasty in glass) Oddly enough, they have the standard plastic caps that are used on normal bottles, which look kind of strange on glass.

Which part of the state are you in?

40 miles north of Madison.

Here's a picture if anyone is interested. http://mr-nethead.com/images/cokeinglass.jpg

All-American Bottling uses plastic caps on their longnecks as well.

Who's producing these glass Cokes? (production code on neck of bottle)

You'll have to forgive me, I'm not sure what the codes mean. However, it says on the bottle

JUN1906MREDHI1
    WV2/DEL5¢DEP

I gather the "JUN1906" part is the expiration date. The stuff on the second line appears to be related to deposits. So the code must be MREDHI1. Now if only I knew what that meant. lol

ramonazo Guest

Looks like the mexican 500 ml Coca-Cola glass bottle that is on sale in Guadalajara and Torreon... and that once upon a time was on sale in Aguascalientes until the release of the 600 ml PET bottle. I prefer the 600 ml bottle.

[ 10-25-2005, 01:21 AM: Message edited by: Ramón el Coca-Colero ]

Nice pics.

Those are not the 8oz hobble skirt bottles.
    Which I am wondering why the stopped making them with the impossed script,and now back to a red design like wha tis see in the pics. (No more city names on the bottom as well)

Harpers Ferry, West Virginia/ Frederick, Maryland

They look like the glass bottles they had in supermarkets in The Maya Riviera ? in Mexico. So who is doing those here?

Originally posted by Mr. Nethead:
    You'll have to forgive me, I'm not sure what the codes mean. However, it says on the bottle

JUN1906MREDHI1
    WV2/DEL5¢DEP

I gather the "JUN1906" part is the expiration date. The stuff on the second line appears to be related to deposits. So the code must be MREDHI1. Now if only I knew what that meant. lol
    MR is Marietta, Georgia. E is Friday. Not sure what the D means, though.

DEL5¢DEP is the 5 cent deposit that Delaware charges on soda and beer bottles (plastic and glass) smaller than 2 quarts (64oz).

Hawaii also has a 5 cent deposit law.

WV2 is an excise tax that the distributor pays to the state.

I am actually surprised Marietta is producing this size bottle. I had actually expected that they were coming from Bink's in Escanaba. Marietta produces most of the glass that is sold by CCE in Maryland and southward. North of that, glass mostly comes from Needham Heights MA.

Glass is also ran in Union City TN (Union City Coke) and Baton Rouge LA (Coke United).