Bevboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I saw a new FridgePack with the new Diet Coke logo today. i didn't see this coming. I hadn't heard a peep here on Bevnet about it so I was wondering what peoples opinions are about it? For those of you who havent seen it it looks like the new VC. Cherry, and Classic logos but retains the Diet Coke colors. I'm not sure what i think, it looks better than the last one but I don't think its as good as the other logo revamps.
    <b>Hey Pepsi, Shasta called, they want their lemon-lime back.</b>

Are you sure it wasn't diet VC? I hadn't heard anything about a new DC logo...

I knew about the diet Coke logo about a month now. I only seen pics of it so far though but it will be around in 2003 in the U.S. and Canada, there will be subtle changes in other countries.

My opinions on the 1997-2002 logo are this. I gave it a 2 out of 5 stars. I did not like it, I remember other posters on here saying they did not like it either.
    My reasons for not liking it were it's colors and the cartoon looking graphics and it had no dynamic ribbon. It was also very cluttered looking... you would know what I mean if you look at the various sizes and how they tried to make the graphics fit in order too be on the labels.

The new one has the same colors as the current logo (like avery said) but looks alot better for some reason, the only downfall is this.... )from what I seen in the pics anyway), plain silver background, the dynamic ribbon is white so you really can't see it, the word "Diet" is very small and only takes up the space of the K and the E of the word Coke.

Overall its not bad though, its alot cleaner and more adult looking and kinda has an elegance to it. The word "Diet" is not in the Coca-Cola script anymore, they used another font that kinda looks similar to it. I'll give it a final rating when I actually see it up close.

I'd love to see a pic of the new Diet Coke logo posted on here.... Oh BTW, I lucked out early last week and got a 6-pack of Diet Coke in 8-oz. cans. Y'all might have lots of those cans in other areas, but here in New Mexico, you don't see that small a can every day. *smiles* I think the last time I saw cans that size, I was at summer camp and it was Shasta in the cans.... Ah, memeories! *LOL* Merry Christmas to all, and The Doomite Is Out!
    The Doomite\'s top 3 Beverages: 1. Jones Cream Soda/Sam\'s Choice Red Tornado, 2. Big Red Soda, and 3. Henry Weinhard\'s Root Beer!

Here is a pic of the new graphics from the Coke web site:

The press release is available at http://www2.coca-cola.com/presscente..._graphics.html

I saw Coke/Diet Coke with their new design at my supermarket.. I thought it was cool

I like the new logo much better! Very subtle and even a little classy. Now, if they could just do something about the taste...

improved for sure but still the lame one of the top tier brands with the exeption of Sprite which is in a huge need of that new logo i keep hearing about. Still thank god they got rid of that old DC logo.
    <b>Hey Pepsi, Shasta called, they want their lemon-lime back.</b>

We also have the new DC cans (but still the old wraps), and the new Coke cans and wraps. I think it is an improvement over the old, but I still think it has something to be desired.

The ribbon just looks...weird.

Very nice logo, IMHO. I like the way the logo says it all: Diet Coke, plain N simple. No weird cartoony graphics, just the white ribbon and red N black lettering on a silver backround, very nice. The Doomite Is Out!
    The Doomite\'s top 3 Beverages: 1. Jones Cream Soda/Sam\'s Choice Red Tornado, 2. Big Red Soda, and 3. Henry Weinhard\'s Root Beer!