Bevboard

My Dad,who thinks my devoted interest in soda pop is insane,picked up an 8pk? of Pepsi 12oz bottles in a plastic multi pack holder. (Not plastic wrapped.)

I was not aware of Pepsi 12oz bottles and the plastic multi pack holder. The bottles were very cool looking.

Do you have them in your markets and are they selling?

[ 10-08-2006, 02:40 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

They are generally sold in fridge boxes, just like Coke does with their 8 packs.

But in some areas, different bottlers do different things. For example, Philadelphia Coke belly bands their 8 packs, since their bottle facility can't handle boxes.

Pepsi also used to sell belly banded 8 packs of 20oz bottles in Michigan, and Coke sold 8 packs of 16.9oz belly banded bottles in Maryland. We also had hi-cones to repair them when the bands were damaged.

We have the 12oz 12packs shrink wrapped of Pepsi, Dt. Pepsi, Mist, Dr. Pepper, Mtn. Dew, and Dt. Dew and they sell great at $3.98 only in Wal-Mart here...

In Connecticut, we've got 12-packs of 12-oz bottles of Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, C/F Diet, Mtn Dew and Sierra Mist, but only at Wal-Mart. About a year ago, some fridge packs of these bottles showed up at Shaw's and Target, but since they were so overpriced compared to the cans, they didn't sell. Wal-Mart I think charges $3.49 for a 12-pack of the bottles, which isn't too bad. I like that they can be resealed.
    Drink responsibly....drink soda!

These bottles would be cool for entertaining at parties and family gatherings. I also like the idea of the screw cap. If your walking around socializing it sure beats an open can. LOL...I always finish 12oz cans so re-storage is not an issue.

[ 10-09-2006, 12:14 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

I was in the hospital for major sugery recently, so I snuck in two of the 12-oz Pepsis in my bag of personal stuff. The hospital only had 4-oz cups of foul tasting iced tea, or White Rock ginger ale on the menus (though there was a Pepsi machine on the floor.) So, once the doctors OK'd eating and drinking-and I specifically asked about soda--it was very nice to have a fresh bottle of Pepsi at the bedside. I couldn't drink a whole one at once, so the screw cap feature was much appreciated, as I could stash an open bottle in the night table drawer. I can't tell you how good that first sip, even on ice, tasted . Later, as I recovered, and was encouraged to walk, I did make a few trips to the Pepsi machine, after my stash ran out.

Now that's just what loyal soda freak does. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Very cool story. It's amazing how damn good the first sip of cold Pepsi tastes. I felt the same way a few years ago. I had not had Pepsi for about 2 weeks.

Thanks for your reply, Mr Zabe...it's good to be home and checking out Bevnet again...

Interesting that all it takes to get us soda freaks excited is a new or different sized package of the same great product !

I saw the 12 oz 12 pack @ WallMart in Vegas today.

In Oregon we have had the 24 oz. 6 pack with a plastic banding around them, and we used high cones 2 repack them OFTEN.

We had Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Mtn Dew, Slice, and Dr. Pepper, I think after I left Pepsi 4 years ago they might have come out with Diet Defaff Pepsi.
    BTW I am a little Old Fashoned in that I call a Glass container a Bottle, and I find it hard 2 call a Plastic Container a Bottle.

My local Jewel (Super Value) has the 12oz btls 8pk on sale
    starting tomorrow for 3 for $8.

I still would rather buy cans as they seem to keep cold better and the carbonation seems to be stronger.

[ 10-11-2006, 11:33 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]