Bevboard

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Dislaimer: This statement was written in haste after I saw the announcement so if I come off too harsh my appologies:

Well people it seems like Pepsi has gone on the offensive once again again VAULT. One thing I have always found funny about Pepsi is how they usually resort to childish antics to libel their competitors in commercials. From the "Pepsi and Coke guy in a dinner" to the current Jackie-Chan Diet ads Pepsi always would prefer to make their competitor look weak instead of actually promoting the positives of their own brands.

Apparently this slanderious means of advertising has snuck into the the current Dew signage which contains gems like like this ebay bid this ebay bid:

Funny that Pepsi has managed to rippoff the Coke Superbowl Full-Throttle ad at the same time as lamely slamming Vault. While admitedly the FT ad was a very Pepsi-like cheap-shot its still sad to see them shamelessly knock it off only a few weeks later. Also it seems that the Dew ad guys have forgotten that Vault has been promoted since the beginning by International CXT trucks which are the largest non-semi trucks on the market.

To me this ad says a couple things:
    1.MDX is dead- notice it is Dew vs. VAULT not MDX
    2. Pepsi is scared- don't listen to their PR machine or the Dew nuts. The numbers that we have which are minimal show it- and even more telling has been the price cuts and counter attacks.

In the end I hope that Pepsi chooses to take the highroad from here on out and push for innovation and competition. No matter if Coke gets it right this time or the next some day Dew will see some competition, and the current attitude will IMHO not help assure a continued dominance.
    <b>Hey Pepsi, Shasta called, they want their lemon-lime back.</b>

Venting means never having to be sorry.

IMO...negative smear adds in general are not effective for soda pops. The mass public buys what tastes good and what is affordable. It does seem that the Pepsi (Mountain brand) does appear very threatened and wants to scare its core drinkers from not trying Vault.

IMO this add encourages MD drinks to try Vault. LOL From the reaction of the handful of borad mates who have tried Vault, it would seem that MD has a reason to be scared. Like I have said, I have been a MD drinker for years. I still drink it. However, after a week of drinking Vault IMO,Vault has been rocking my world. I just can't get over how it has such strong yet drinkable taste notes.

Torn between two lovers, feeling line a Vault man in love. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 02-24-2006, 05:50 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

"Dislaimer: This statement was written in haste after I saw the announcement so if I come off too harsh my appologies:"
    What kind of crap is this?? If you don't like your post hit the edit and delete it. You want to bash something but don't want to get called on it is what I think.

That is actually an internal poster, not an ad campaign poster. The person selling that on ebay is a Pepsi employee no doubt. As far as what the ad says

1)Also as I have stated before MDX is NOT competition of any kind to vault. vault is a dew knockoff, period. MDX is a hybrid, which obviously YOU do not understand. MDX is a combination of Dew and an ACTUAL ENERGY drink. Read the labels, you will se that the 2 products are not even remotly the same other than the HFCS and carbonated water etc. So why would Pepsi put Mdx on an internal sales rally poster that is against vauly taking away from DEW??

2) As I have stated on here before, Pepsi is not scared of vault, but if vault takes just 1 % of Dews sales that is equal to $20,000,000 + a year. How would you like to lose that kind of coin?? Pepsi doesn't anymore than anyone else.

It is funny reading your posts, you bash Pepsi for knocking at cokes lame attempt at a product and how "I hope that Pepsi chooses to take the highroad from here on out and push for innovation and competition. No matter if Coke gets it right this time or the next" but yet in YOUR signature YOU do the same thing.
    Not to mention the countless others who post on here that say nothing good about any Pepsi product. How they all are "imitations" or how they are "imitators" or "copycats" but yet when Pepsi has a product that coke is attempting to copy a product that Pepsi has, Pepsi and any "DEW NUTS" should take the high road and welcome "innovation and competition".

My father used to always tell me an old saying "live by the sword, die by the sword" meaning in this incident, if you want to bash Pepsis products and bash Pepsi products, sooner or later you and a coke product will be the one getting bashed, deal with it and quit whining about "highroads" and "childish antics".
    If what you did yesterday still looks big, you haven't done much today.

Saint,
    I see your points. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    I feel like I'm in the middle of stick ball fight.LOL
    Zabe

If you weren't so quick to post and let me get my longwinded posts wrote, you wouldn't be. hehe
    If what you did yesterday still looks big, you haven't done much today.

its better to attack attack attack vault by doing anything to maintain current dew drinkers then trying to get them back later. i have heard that in some areas where pepsi distributors sat back and watched what vault could do and they really got burned by good vault sales. pepsi is just doing what is right for the company.

i guess thats all i have to say about the subject [img]smile.gif[/img] the saint pretty much covered all the bases for us

[ 02-24-2006, 06:28 AM: Message edited by: pepsidew ]
    Vault Sucks, Do The Dew

Originally posted by the saint:
    "Dislaimer: This statement was written in haste after I saw the announcement so if I come off too harsh my appologies:"
    What kind of crap is this?? If you don't like your post hit the edit and delete it. You want to bash something but don't want to get called on it is what I think.

That is actually an internal poster, not an ad campaign poster. The person selling that on ebay is a Pepsi employee no doubt. As far as what the ad says

1)Also as I have stated before MDX is NOT competition of any kind to vault. vault is a dew knockoff, period. MDX is a hybrid, which obviously YOU do not understand. MDX is a combination of Dew and an ACTUAL ENERGY drink. Read the labels, you will se that the 2 products are not even remotly the same other than the HFCS and carbonated water etc. So why would Pepsi put Mdx on an internal sales rally poster that is against vauly taking away from DEW??

2) As I have stated on here before, Pepsi is not scared of vault, but if vault takes just 1 % of Dews sales that is equal to $20,000,000 + a year. How would you like to lose that kind of coin?? Pepsi doesn't anymore than anyone else.

It is funny reading your posts, you bash Pepsi for knocking at cokes lame attempt at a product and how "I hope that Pepsi chooses to take the highroad from here on out and push for innovation and competition. No matter if Coke gets it right this time or the next" but yet in YOUR signature YOU do the same thing.
    Not to mention the countless others who post on here that say nothing good about any Pepsi product. How they all are "imitations" or how they are "imitators" or "copycats" but yet when Pepsi has a product that coke is attempting to copy a product that Pepsi has, Pepsi and any "DEW NUTS" should take the high road and welcome "innovation and competition".

My father used to always tell me an old saying "live by the sword, die by the sword" meaning in this incident, if you want to bash Pepsis products and bash Pepsi products, sooner or later you and a coke product will be the one getting bashed, deal with it and quit whining about "highroads" and "childish antics".
    Good Post Saint.

The Cola "WARS" have been going on ever since I can remember. Furthermore, I think Coke has done their share of "bashing, childish, negative ads" over the years.
    Do you think that for one minute if Coke had the upperhand with a High caffeine Citrus soda that they would just sit back and take it while Pepsi rolled out a monumental marketing campaign to knock them down a couple of points?
    On another note...who do you think the target market is that Coke and Pepsi are trying to reach with these ads? It isn't the 45+ crowd with plenty of disposable income with hefty IRA's and a stock portfolio to match. They are going after the younger market that buys on impulse, image, and cost.That is one reason I feel like the ads are on the most base levels.

A talk show host in Atlanta said it best. You can always tell who the Car ads on the radio are targeting. The louder, faster, more obnoxious ads are geared to the younger, lower income, less educated bracket of society. While the more soothing, slower, artsy ads are geared to an older, more affluent & higher income, and better educated part of society.
    Which one gets your attention?
    Whether you think can or think you can\'t, you\'re probably right!

Is there anyone else like me who just buys what's on sale?

I drink both, like both, will get both depending on what the price is each week...

ramonazo Guest

One more of the long list of advertisements that Pepsi did in order to bother Coke...

Pepsi thinks that will make people laugh with those commercials, but those anti-Coke ads are getting more uncreative and boring than they are...

I rarely seen Coke making joke of Pepsi, with the exception of the Max Headroom New Coke commercial where Max interviews a can of Pepsi, and the "refrescadores" campaign in 1994 in the U.S. latin TV, where two detectives "confiscate" Pepsi and other cola cans to the people, and they gives them bottles of Coke...

But Coke realized that is better to be "the good guy of the movie" than the bad guy...

[ 02-24-2006, 10:22 AM: Message edited by: Ramón Coca-Colero ]

SuperAmmo,
    I'm pretty much a switch hitter soda pop drinker. I'm very spoiled here in Chi Town. I tend to drink whats on sale too.