Bevboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

I had posted about this Roy Rogers (in Frederick MD - Route 40 @ McCain Drive) before. This time, I brought my camera inside to take a picture of the fountain setup.

What a selection!

[ 02-26-2006, 12:54 AM: Message edited by: fusion ]

What kind of Fanta is that?

Is that Fanta Grape I see?
    Very cool soda fountain. How does the Birch Beer taste? It's also nice to see Cherry Coke. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I miss Roy Rogers. They mostly backed out of my area a while ago, although I think there are a few locations left in the rest stops on the NJ Turnpike. The only time I get to have Roy's now is when I go on the bus to/from Boston - they usually stop at one somewhere in Connecticut.

The Fuddruckers in my area used to have a similarly good selection of Coke products (they switched to Pepsi now). No PiBB, but they did have Fanta Grape and Orange, Cherry Coke, and Caffeine Free Diet Coke. They also had (and still have) three types of Boylan's birch beer on tap (regular, diet, and creamy red).

[ 02-26-2006, 12:53 PM: Message edited by: mikibacsi1124 ]

Yes, that is Fanta Grape. Seems odd that they have Fanta Grape, but Minute Maid Orange.

The birch beer is excellent - that's what I always get.

This location is their "home store" - it's located right next to the corporate HQ. The franchisee in that area bought out the rights to the brand from the Canadian company that previously owned Hardees and Roy's.

Oh man...Roy Rogers! I haven't eaten in one of those, well, since they closed ours down We used to have a few in the Orlando area. The one on Lee Road in Winter Park was our regular place though. When I was a kid, my family would find some excuse to load up and head over that way just to eat there. They had a thing called the "buckaroo club" or something for kids. Not a whole long time ago, I ran into someone at a party that brought it up. This person had been friends with my little girlfriend that lived across the street and she had told her about the buckaroo club from 25 years before I had forgotten all about it.

Actually, I did eat at one in the DC area after they closed ours down, but we are still talking maybe 1984 here From what I remember, it was quite a bit different from what we had here. It looked more like a standard restaurant. Ours looked like a barn with windows. It had a big neon sign that looked like a wagon.

[ 02-27-2006, 06:00 AM: Message edited by: 01GTB ]

we have a roy rogers on the NYS Thruway.those are the only ones left around anymore the off road ones closed in the late 80's and early 90's
    Drink soda in Glass Bottles,the way the little guy lays the smackdown on big 2\'s plasta-paradise.

what type exactly of food does Roy Rogers sell. There used to be RR here probably 25 years ago, but i do not remember the food they sold. Arbys took over all the locations, they closed a few but most are still Arbys.
    If what you did yesterday still looks big, you haven't done much today.

Double R burger...1/3 lb burger with some ham on a buttered bun.

Saint, the closest thing you have is the new Freddies in Enid...