Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Attention all Kroger Shoppers:
    Have any of you tried Big K red cream soda? To me it tastes JUST LIKE Big Red. Big Red just got discontinued in the Danville area, and that was the only place I could find it. I drank a can of Big K after one of my remaining cand of Big Red and I could not believe my taste buds. If you have both in your area, try them.
    Keep me posted about any Sparkling MISTICs!!!

Heh, I'm not much for generic sodas. Wouldn't drink the stuff usually if my life depended on it. Nothing is worse than Giant Quist. Period.

Didn't the guys who bottle Big Red in Danville also bottle like Dad's, Kickapoo, and other Monarch stuff? I know people have been sent there to get that stuff.

I've never tried Big K Red Cream Soda. I work for Kroger, and therefore don't trust anything they make. As incompetently as my Kroger store is run, it makes me not want to eat anything they make.

Actually Big K is one of my favorite brands. The Citrus Drop is my favorite. The grape is the best grape soda I've ever had and the Big K Peach is terrific. Only problem is that the peach is only available in 2 liter bottles. Big K Cherry Lemon Lime is also very good.

I'm going to Danville Wednesday, so I'll see about Kickapoo and the others. I guess the company that distributed Big Red also had Kickapoo and such. If they did, Danville will be just like Greensboro. <sigh> I used to work for Kroger myself. I only was there 11 months before they broke the last straw. the red cream soda and the root beer are the only Kroger products I like.
    Keep me posted about any Sparkling MISTICs!!!

Food Lion bought the Winn-Dixie in Danville (among others)... I wonder how much has changed there. Maybe you could get a line on who distributes the Kickapoo (Food Lion prints the name of the vendor company on DSD tags).

I've been told you have to go to an Old Dutch Supermarket when in Danville to get Kickapoo and what not. The caps on them said Pauls (where are the bubbles?) Beverages out of Pennsylvania.

[ 01-18-2005, 09:00 PM: Message edited by: dr pepperman ]
    Whatcha gonna do mama now that the roast beef is gone?

UPDATE
    Have found out that Big Red is/was distributed by Lawrence Dist. in the Danville area.

Yeah, the Old Dutch. What a grimy place that was when I was down that way last year!

[ 01-18-2005, 09:59 PM: Message edited by: fusion ]

But it is the grimy places that have the best stuff