Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Enviga

NEW ENVIGA™ PROVEN TO BURN CALORIES
    Sparkling Green Tea Creates a Brand New Category
    That Combines Great Taste and Negative Calories

ATLANTA – October 11, 2006 ─ The drink proven to burn calories – Enviga – hits the U.S. market in the Northeast in November and will roll out nationally in January 2007. A delicious sparkling green tea containing green tea extracts, calcium, and caffeine, Enviga was conceived by Beverage Partners Worldwide (BPW) – a joint venture of Nestlé S.A. and The Coca-Cola Company.
    “Enviga increases calorie burning. It represents the perfect partnership of science and nature,” said Dr. Rhona Applebaum, chief scientist, The Coca-Cola Company. “Enviga contains the optimum blend of green tea extracts (EGCG), caffeine and naturally active plant micronutrients designed to work with your body to increase calorie burning, thus creating a negative calorie effect. It makes this product stand out as unique. Enviga brings the benefits of green tea to the forefront in a convenient and accessible, great tasting beverage.”

How Enviga Works
    The Nestlé Research Center in Lausanne, Switzerland, has studied the properties and benefits of green tea for decades as part of its extensive global tea business. A recent study conducted by the Center in collaboration with the University of Lausanne revealed that consuming the equivalent of three Enviga beverages over the course of the day resulted in a noticeable increase in calorie burning.
    INTRODUCING ENVIGA
    “The accumulated body of scientific research shows the ability of green tea’s powerful antioxidant EGCG (epigallocatechin gallate) to speed up metabolism and increase energy use, especially when combined with caffeine,” said Nestlé researcher Dr. Hilary Green.
    Studies have shown that when EGCG and caffeine are present at the levels comparable to that in three cans of Enviga, healthy subjects in the lean to normal weight range can experience an average increase in calorie burning by 60 – 100 calories.
    EGCG is a naturally occurring antioxidant in tea, including green tea. Enviga provides 90 mg of EGCG in each serving, along with 20 percent of the daily value for calcium. Enviga’s natural flavors and naturally active plant micronutrients make it a refreshing choice for maintaining a balanced lifestyle.
    Consumers demand choice
    “We’ve seen a shift in consumers’ attitudes toward diet and health and wellness, with more consumers seeking product choices that su
    pport active lifestyles, rather than just eliminating things from their diet,” said John Hackett, senior vice president, Coca-Cola North America Marketing. “Enviga is a great tasting beverage that invigorates your metabolism to gently burn calories, and it’s a positive step people can take as part of a balanced lifestyle – like taking the stairs.”
    Enviga will be available in three delicious flavors – green tea, berry and peach – in the ready-to-drink tea section at supermarkets, mass merchandisers, convenience and drug stores, and club stores.
    Enviga will be sold in individual 12-ounce sleek cans as well as six-can and 12-can multi-packs. Suggested retail price for Enviga will be $1.29 - $1.49 (single can).
    “Enviga brings together Nestlé’s expertise in nutritional science and extensive knowledge in the benefits of green tea with Coca-Cola’s consumer, marketing and distribution resources to create a new global beverage category with unique consumer benefits – a beverage with negative calories,“ said Leslie Novos, CEO of Beverage Partners Worldwide.
    - more -
    INTRODUCING ENVIGA 3
    About Coca-Cola North America
    Coca-Cola North America is a unit of The Coca-Cola Company, the world's largest beverage company. Along with Coca-Cola, recognized as the world's most valuable brand, the Company markets four of the world's top five soft drink brands, including Diet Coke, Fanta and Sprite, and a wide range of other beverages, including diet and light soft drinks, waters, juices and juice drinks, teas, coffees, energy and sports drinks. Through the world's largest beverage distribution system, consumers in more than 200 countries enjoy the Company's beverages at a rate exceeding 1.3 billion servings each day. For more information about The Coca-Cola Company, please visit our website at www.thecoca-colacompany.com.
    About Beverage Partners Worldwide Beverage Partners Worldwide (BPW) is a joint venture between Nestlé SA and
    The Coca-Cola Company. BPW operates autonomously while drawing on the capabilities of Nestlé and The Coca-Cola Company. It is a global business unit with cross-functional teams located in Atlanta, GA; Zurich, Switzerland; and Bangkok, Thailand. The Americas business unit markets Gold Peak and Nestea ready-to-drink iced teas.
    # # #

Not to be a wise guy...I beleive that Coca Cola has used a wee bit of subliminal seduction with the name of this new brand.

IMO, In my distorted mind(LOL)ENVIGA brings the word VAGINA to my mind. LOL Am I goofy or what?

[ 10-13-2006, 12:42 AM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

Wow! amazing discovery!

Coca-Cola & Nestlé are really good joining forces... BTW they should release a ready-to-drink Nescafé coffee here in Mexico, I see that countries like Singapore have it on sale now.

I think Enviga will be a big hit.

I'm curious about the berry and peach flavors... I want to try them...

Cool concept- but I smell a lawsuit. Its been said in many places but I'll say it again, this stuff is not gonna be very effective at all and its all pure marketing.
    <b>Hey Pepsi, Shasta called, they want their lemon-lime back.</b>

LOL
    I can imagine the cross promotion:
    Buy a six pack of Enviga and get a 1.5 ltr of Evian Water.
    The jingle could be..."Double E Fat Free".LOL

[ 10-22-2006, 08:14 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]

Just the fact that caffeine is listed one of the supposed calorie-burning ingredients is enough for me not to give this the time of day.

Enviga launches November 6th - a chain in this area is running the single cans 10/$10 for the month of November.

Not to be a complete wise as$.....10 for $10 for a brand new brand's introduction promotion price almost reminds me of Coke Blac's brilliant price at it's introduction. LOL

[ 10-29-2006, 09:18 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]