Bevboard

Thread: Blak

Business pages report this as a "coffee flavored cola" (I wonder if they meant "coffee flavored soft drink") to be launched in USA/Canada by Coca-Cola in second quarter 05.

Blak?

I have to say if Pepsi had done this Coke fans would have jumped all over it. 2005 is according to Coca-Cola itself a year for innovation and so far we've heard about:

1. Coca-Cola with Lime
    2. Coke Zero
    3. Vault
    and now...
    4. Blak

Just what exactly are they innovating?

Blak to me sounds innovative. Coke Zero is a ripoff of Pepsi One, Vault of so many products now it's not even funny, and Coke w/Lime is slightly original, considering there hasn't been a regular lime-flavored cola yet...in the United States (Mexican Pepsi Twist came before, I understand).

yeah, was gonna post that
    woot woot

Inovative would be to make their hard to find Fanta flavors easier to find. If they really pushed the better tasting flavors it would really sell. I think KO needs to have a flavor pack suitcase of Fanta. That would be 3 cans each of every flavor in the US to make 24.

[ 01-13-2005, 10:38 AM: Message edited by: bigrich ]

Originally posted by teamtitan512:
    Coke w/Lime is slightly original, considering there hasn't been a regular lime-flavored cola yet...in the United States (Mexican Pepsi Twist came before, I understand).
    Shasta had a regular cola with lime 2 years ago.
    Collector of soda cans - Most wanted can Goody Root Beer

Yes but there are some people who will say that Coke is the first to do anything even though more times than not they aren't the first. Some people have a blatant hatred for anything other than coke products and either cannot see or do not want to see other companies doing something first.
    If what you did yesterday still looks big, you haven't done much today.

Originally posted by teamtitan512:
    Blak to me sounds innovative. Coke Zero is a ripoff of Pepsi One, Vault of so many products now it's not even funny, and Coke w/Lime is slightly original, considering there hasn't been a regular lime-flavored cola yet...in the United States (Mexican Pepsi Twist came before, I understand).
    Not only did pepsi have Kona. In the 1960's and possibly as early as the late 1950's Canada Dry had a diet coffee flavored drink.
    http://home.comcast.net/~collectible...coffee_jpg.htm
    Collector of soda cans - Most wanted can Goody Root Beer