Bevboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

These drinks are a life saver for me. I reduce my sugar intake by 50% and I dont feel so guilty downing a soda. Why are these drinks disappearing, why are they discontinuing them. Does anyone know if their sales are way down and do you think they are gonna pull these?
    Why is the word \"Abbreviaton\" so darn long??????

Originally posted by xxnightowl28:
    These drinks are a life saver for me. I reduce my sugar intake by 50% and I dont feel so guilty downing a soda. Why are these drinks disappearing, why are they discontinuing them. Does anyone know if their sales are way down and do you think they are gonna pull these?
    It's no surprise if this is true. They were destined for failure. The market for these kinds of products was already in the decline. Pepsi and Coke were just too late.

Yeah, I agree, too late. I mean, I drink Edge and I like it but I know Pepsi, having worked for them (somewhat briefly) 10 years ago and observing them since, and just can't see them selling enough of this to keep it around. I'd like them to, but I'm not going to be surprised whenever it disappears. In fact, I keep my eyes open for "fresh" expiration dates on the product in the grocery stores, and thus far it seems that they've kept up with it. (the one I drank just now had a production date of 12/28/04 on it) How long will it last? who knows.... heck, I could be wrong and they'll keep it around - after all, Pepsi has kept Pepsi One going far longer than I ever thought it would.

andy
    Give me some cane sugar real Pepsi in a glass bottle... and not Throwback!

Originally posted by Android:
    Yeah, I agree, too late. I mean, I drink Edge and I like it but I know Pepsi, having worked for them (somewhat briefly) 10 years ago and observing them since, and just can't see them selling enough of this to keep it around. I'd like them to, but I'm not going to be surprised whenever it disappears. In fact, I keep my eyes open for "fresh" expiration dates on the product in the grocery stores, and thus far it seems that they've kept up with it. (the one I drank just now had a production date of 12/28/04 on it) How long will it last? who knows.... heck, I could be wrong and they'll keep it around - after all, Pepsi has kept Pepsi One going far longer than I ever thought it would.

andy
    That's a good observation. Pepsi One is indeed still around. Pepsi must be privy to some information I don't know. Otherwise, I would have predicted its departure a while ago. I was actually impressed with C2 (despite my dislike of Coke) and Edge. I believe both companies did an excellent job, but sadly I believe the sales for these products have already peaked.

ramonazo Guest

Sigh...

It's like when Coca-Cola vainilla, Lift verde and Beat disappeared here in Aguascalientes.

how long was Coca-Cola vanilla sold there?

it is still surviving here in the USA.

Anyways on original topic.... I agree the 2 biggest beverages were too late on this trend and it did not work as well as they thought. I would not suprised if they were discontinued either.

[ 01-13-2005, 01:09 AM: Message edited by: XLS_04 ]

Pepsi One is to be released sometime in late Feb early March with Splenda only instead of ace-k and nutrasweet. I do not really know why this product has stayed around but Pepsi is not going to kill it anytime soon it seems.

[ 01-13-2005, 03:15 PM: Message edited by: the saint ]
    If what you did yesterday still looks big, you haven't done much today.

So when they re-do Pepsi One, will they make it taste any better? ack. The way some products don't get introduced here in rural Wyoming until all the old stock is out of the system, that means we'll see a new Pepsi One in say, June maybe. There's still a LOT of Pitch Black in the system here, and they didn't even bother with Spice. As for the new Cherry Pepsi, no sign yet. It's not just Pepsi too, Coke here let Diet Sprite go completely out of stock for several weeks before they got "Zero" into the pipeline.

andy
    Give me some cane sugar real Pepsi in a glass bottle... and not Throwback!

C2 is still alive and kicking. Coke finally got the message and put it in 2 liters and 12 packs. Our first shipment of 2 liters ran out, and we haven't been able to get any more in. It sells pretty well in 2 liter form.

Nightowl, I hear ya. I still find it aplenty, just not in the droves we saw when it first hit the shelves. Oh, well.

Bear in mind that fountain soda still gives you the obvious option of concocting your own 50/50. In fact, most fast food joints are getting enough requests that they don't look at you like you have 2 heads when you request it.