Bevboard

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Coke C2

Is this still being made. Have not been able to find it in our stores for past 2 weeks. Don't like the after taste of diet cokes, C2 was the best. No wonder they didn't sell much, our stores were always out of it! The manager at one of the stores said people always asked for it but they never could get the coke guy to stock enough of it. BOOO on coke!

C2 is great. and could've been a huge hit, but coke botched the marketing from the very beginning, and then just abandoned it.

it's still sold... here and there. but i figure its days are numbered. unless coke decides to support it with a real ad campaign.

also, you should try coke zero. it tastes much more like coke and C2, than diet coke.
    banned

c2 is good, and still sold here side by side with coke zero and coke. i get it sometimes...

It has as much, if not less shelfspace than Mello Yello in my area.

Ditto David, although a few chain grocery stores that I lurk at will have it but not on a steady basis. Just like MY, only one fridge pack facing and no other size btls.

[ 10-22-2006, 04:42 PM: Message edited by: Mr Zabe ]
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba

I saw it in the Coke machine from the World of Coca-Cola store and some other stores in Vegas...

in stl at least at 2 different Schnucks the shelf space for C2 is as good as coke zero and caffiene free regular coke, but it is unavailable anything but 12 packs
    Join the fight to bring the Fully Loaded Citrus Soda back to store shelves!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bring-...20225161394713

C2 must be a "regional" brand.

i still think it has widespread potential though. and almost all of us agree that it deserved a better marketing push from the get-go.

i think coke (and pepsi's) problem the last few years is that they've been trying to create new interest in soda and... it's just not happening. so, any gains that a new product like C2 or Coke Zero makes, cuts into their other brands.

people are aware that soda isn't very healthy, and they're moving to other, healthier products... or to diet sodas (though they may have peaked as well).

[ 10-23-2006, 09:54 AM: Message edited by: popologist ]
    banned

I still buy C2 as my primary daytime soda.

Of course when I'm at a resturaunt with a self serve fountain I just mix my own. Depending on the resturant I get:

1. Caffiene free diet coke + regular Dr. Pepper
    2. diet coke + regular Dr. Pepper
    3. diet coke + regular coke
    4. diet Dr. Pepper + regular Dr. Pepper

Number 1 is hard to find in self serve fountain but a local pizzeria with very high health board ratings has that setup.

Number 2 and 3 are very easy to find. 4 is easy to find as well but since Dr. P. doesn't sell a C2 equivalent I'm willing to give a partial nod towards the company that does.

Where possible I bring my own can or try not to eat at any resturant that doesn't have those combos.

Worst case scenario if I don't have a can with me and can't mix it myself I get

5. Diet coke
    6. Dr Pepper
    7. Regular Coke

in that order.
    I have 12 packs in my fridge, closet, trunk, and occasionally in random locations.

Your very dedicated to your C2 facsimile mixes.
    I'm not as dedicated, there are a few joints that have great food but non drinkable soda fountains.
    I just opt for bottle water or even plain tap water. Chicago has excellent tap water.LOL
    Don't worry, be happy. Meher Baba