Bevboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

It seems like every trendy coffee or sandwich shop nowadays has a line of Boylan's sodas in their cooler. But nowhere in any of them do I see any of Boylan's fabulous colas. At least around here, one needs to go to Whole Foods organic supermarket to even find Boylan's Natural Cane Cola, which is largely seen as second to the even-more elusive Boylan's Sugar Cane Cola.

So my question is: is it harder for retailers to secure the colas as opposed to Boylan's Root Beer, Orange Cream, etc.? Does Boylan's think that their colas aren't mainstream enough to be successful in the "public"?

I'm hoping some of our industry people on this board might be familiar with what I'm talking about.

Don't know. But I do know Boylans colas are in stores around here.
    Whatcha gonna do mama now that the roast beef is gone?

Interesting. Does anyone else see Boylan's colas around their parts?

I would have expected a place like downtown DC to have just as good a selection as anywhere else.

Trader Joe's carries Boylan's in the Boston area.
    Have you checked with the one in DC?

http://www.traderjoes.com/index.html
    Washington (653)
    2425 L St. NW (on 25th St. between L and M)
    Washington, DC 20037
    Phone: 202-296-1921
    Store Hours: 9 am - 9 pm

Yes, I believe some of them sometimes carry Boylan's Natural Cane Cola, but that's it.

I've found one (1) place in my whole life that carrys Boylan's Sugar Cane Cola, and that's Harry and David's in Norfolk, VA.

The New Pioneer Co-op here in Iowa City carries Natural Cane Cola, but no Sugar Cane Cola.

World Market at 11818 Rockville Pike in Rockville carries the Boylan's Sugar Cane Cola as does the Trader Joes further down at the intersection of Rockville Pike and Twinbrook Parkway. Over on the other side of DC, Rips on US 301 in Bowie also carries the entire Boylans line.
    With thousands of sodas available for the choosing, why drink just one or two?

Originally posted by treetoptom:
    World Market at 11818 Rockville Pike in Rockville carries the Boylan's Sugar Cane Cola as does the Trader Joes further down at the intersection of Rockville Pike and Twinbrook Parkway. Over on the other side of DC, Rips on US 301 in Bowie also carries the entire Boylans line.
    I've been to two Trader Joe's around here, the one in Bethesda and the brand new one in West End/Foggy Bottom in downtown DC. Neither have Sugar Cane Cola. Bear in mind that I don't have a car. Anyway, it seems that retailers don't think it'd be a very successful product. I'm not sure if they're wrong, but still.

What's the difference between the Natural Cane Cola and the Sugar Cane Cola? (Just curious ... never heard of Boylan's before now.)

The Natural Cane Cola is just that, all natural. It has a much more pronounced herbal taste and color than the Sugar Cane Cola. I like the Sugar Cane Cola, but the natural cola is too herbal for me. Natural food enthusiasts might find it to their liking, though.
    With thousands of sodas available for the choosing, why drink just one or two?